Saturday, January 2, 2010

Endings and Beginnings


Sometimes, we march into the New Year in good spirits and fine form. We make resolutions and have no doubt we'll meet the tasks before us. Other times, we drag ourselves across the New Year line, vowing to get our act together, yet finding ourselves still making bonehead choices that leave us embarrassed and wondering who we are.

And then there are those years that bring changes to us that we didn't anticipate, nor want, forcing us out of our comfort zone, and into unfamiliar territory.

If you find yourself in either of these places, take heart. All is not lost. Unwanted changes can usher in magical new beginnings; I speak from experience. And those bonehead choices? Well, the villagers may throw stones at you in the public courtyard, but God's mercies are new every morning.... not just on New Year's Day. I, for one, am unworthy of such mercy, but deeply grateful.

The following article is about dealing with unwanted changes that sometimes invade our lives. It was written several years ago, but still rings true in 2010.

Happy New Year to all of my blog friends. May it hold wonderful things for you.


*************************************************

17 comments:

  1. Dayle - I loved reading your story. It has been said (by many) that God doesn't close one door without opening another one. Thank you for sharing this, and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a nice story, Dayle. I like your writing style. Thanks for sharing. Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayle, what a beautiful article. I look back at several instances in my life when I too was devastated, but God provided blessings and valuable lessons from even those difficult times. In fact, the most troublesome circumstances often bring the sweetest of God's grace. Thank you for sharing such an uplifting and encouraging post today.
    xo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. good post. In Him....there's always hope for change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article,thanks for sharing with us.
    What a bond you and your sister have. Both of you are fortunate to have each other.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was a REALLY good article. I can't tell you how it blessed me. And it is soo true. How many times have I sat weeping over the loss or end of something, only to look back later and realize that God was greatly at work and my ultimate good was His desire? Thanks for sharing this. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, wonderful, article! Thank you so much for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Dayle!
    How blessed I am after reading this story you wrote, and I am so glad you were there for your sister. Thank you for reminding me of the newness that God brings each day.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a marvelous article. I'm glad you shared it with us. It is amazing what God can do when it seems there is no way. Thank you for sharing on Spiritual Sundays.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful article. Thank you for sharing it...God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome article! So encouraging. God holds tomorrow no matter what today looks like! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This touch my heart, you and your sister are very lucky to have each other. I love reading your stories.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dayle, a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for your visit today as well.B
    blessings, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Exquisite writing Dayle. I always enjoy reading your articles. I also enjoyed your Year in Review - photos are great! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comments.

    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great article. Thanks for sharing and prompting us to recall the spiritual reality of God's divine ability to "make all things new" - even the painful pauses in our lives. Blessings and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So encouraging, and just what I needed to hear. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pictures here! Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle