Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Home is ... being with those I love on Mother's Day

We chose to avoid the Sunday rush and celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday. And since I'm pretty much spoiled all year, I chose to eat at Cheddar's. It's a nice place, cheap prices, good food, and close to home.  See how easy I am to please? The daughter (and the boyfriend) blessed me with wonderful gifts.

I missed seeing my beautiful mother on Mother's Day, but she was out of town helping old friends celebrate 50 years of marriage. I had a piece about her in the Beaumont Enterprise (Mom's hometown newspaper) on Sunday, and I know she will love it. Like the typical mother, she's my biggest fan, and I hers.

Me and The Man

 
The daughter and the boyfriend

 "A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
~ Agatha Christie
Me and my homies
I can't imagine life without them, and pray I never have to.
They are truly the wind beneath my wings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm linking up for the first time with Sandy's weekly Home is ... series.

Home is...

15 comments:

  1. cool,
    home is about parents, kids, family, and love!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this post! What a BEAUTIFUL couple you guys are! Sweet Mother's Day moments! Your daughter and boyfriend are cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Agatha Christie quote caught in my chest. Your family is lovely!

    Thank you THANK YOU for stopping by and for your kind comment. It's an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet family! I, too am the wife of a firefighter. What a great idea to celebrate on Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite sayings.
    "Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them."
    Richard L. Evans


    You might be easy to please but I think you are pracitcal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dayle...Lovely post. Your daughter is beautiful and you and your love look wonderful, too. These are happy times for you. Savor them! Thanks for sharing such sweet photos, too. Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a beautiful day! The best part is spending time with the ones you love. You daughter is beautiful. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great Mother's Day! I love the photo of you and your daughter together, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your quote about our children. So very true! Blessings and have an amazing day!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so blessed to still have your mom! Love the pix of your family - beautiful. And nice to meet you and thanks for linking up at RE this week!

    Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dayle,
    Great Mother's Day memories being made here! I, too, was treated to lunch for Mother's Day along with many gifts! One of the best gifts, of course, was being with my daughter, SIL and nineteen month old grandbaby girl!
    Your daughter is just as beautiful as her Mother!

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog. What a nice mother's day! Lovely family

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle