Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Simple Pleasures ~ A certain coffee mug

It's once again time to slow down and notice the simple pleasures that are all around us. Last week, I was honored and humbled and just plain excited that we had 40 lovely people attend our Simple Pleasures party, and I so enjoyed mingling with each of you. While that is a record number here, I'm not out for the  numbers. It really doesn't matter to me how many show up for this party, because no matter who shows up, I'm always inspired by the talent and creativity that I see. You guys make me gasp and smile and just go, "Ah!" each week. I "heart" you all!

If this is your first time to link up, please visit the Simple Pleasures page for complete guidelines. There aren't many rules, but I do appreciate your being considerate of the guidelines listed there. And while I know it's tempting to try and link-up to several memes in one post, unless your post has a definite connection to the Simple Pleasures theme, it may be deleted. Thanks for understanding my need to make this a pure meme, with one definitive purpose for those who gather here. If you have questions, I'm always happy to hear from you via email. One important note: Because of my quilt party starting at 12:01 AM on Friday, the linky for this week's Simple Pleasures party will only be available until 9:00 PM on Thursday. I didn't want to risk confusing Mr. Linky. Fingers crossed.


Every week, I have trouble deciding what simple pleasure to choose, and this week was no exception, but I finally settled on something, and I can't wait to see what you all have brought to this party.


As you know, if you've read my blog for any length of time, The Man and I have been retired since 2008, and we travel extensively in our RV, nicknamed Cloud Nine. Last summer, while enjoying the East Coast, The Man came out of a little gift shop in Pennsylvania one day and handed me this travel coffee mug. I had to laugh out loud when I read the message on it, because it's so true.

The Man and I have been on a quick little getaway recently, and using this coffee mug is truly a simple pleasure whenever we travel. Not only because it's so cute, but because of where it came from, and who gave it to me.

What's your simple pleasure today?

19 comments:

  1. Thanks, Dayle, for hosting us. I love the coffee mug--too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the message on the cup Dayle, and how thoughtful of your dh.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing when husbands buy things that are truly treasures? They don't have to cost a lot of money -- just the knowledge that they think of us and want to make smile is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that so true...Know one knows us like our mates. The good, the bad and the just plain embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's how i feel about all my friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so funny -I love it! It must bring a smile to you everytime you use it Dayle :-) Thanks again for this lovely weekly gift of sharing in simplicity. blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun mug. I just love collecting them, filling them with goodies and sending them out. Yours is so perfect for my simple pleasure. Thanks for having all of us here. It's delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dayle...love that cup and love that you guys are the best of friends...traveling around together and enjoying life. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mug and the message, haha...And your right..we all seem to have our favorite mugs...mine is LARGE, old, and perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dayle, a special simple pleasure. If you are like me, every time you get it down, a warmness wraps around it. I've found as I get older "things" that have meaning are way more special! Thank you for hosting Simple Pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty mug...SUCH a lovely gift from your dear hubby. Very cute sentiment too!

    Thanks for being such a lovely hostess each week. I love being part of this party.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dayle, thanks for this weekly meme. It sure makes us think of what truly brings us pleasure and to remember to be grateful for each and every day. I just received an email from my brother that my uncle was killed in a car accident last nite. One of our p.e. teachers at school fell yesterday and is in the hospital with hemmoraging, a broken wrist and ankle. We just never know what the day holds for any of us. We must count our blessings. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coming over from Patti's blog. Just wanted to say Hi and check out all the excitement of Simple Pleasures.

    Have a wonderful day.
    BTW: Love the mug.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm late to the party today!

    I don't know whether to tell you this or not because it might scare you, but I came // that close to posting about my favorite travel mug too! The person who gave it to me makes mine special too.

    Either I'm starting to think like you (good thing...)

    Or, you're starting to think like me (see a therapist)

    Of course, I love your simple pleasure.

    Now, to get some coffee and treat myself to a little reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL...looove the coffee mug and I am also enjoying this blog-hop very much. It's like a breath of fresh air. Thank you so much for hosting it, Dayle. Have a gorgeous day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delightful mug! And I love that your husband gave it to you. I'm so appreciative of the opportunity to share my simple pleasures with other followers of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thankyou for being able to share on your blog. Simple pleasures are appreciated across the world!
    Your mug tells me of the wonder of knowing someone really, which is a rich joy, even with its heartache at times.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Man knows you very well, cup and all.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle