Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Andrea Bocelli ~ An Amazing Talent





Last Wednesday evening, The Man and I, and my twin sister drove downtown to the Toyota Center to see (and hear) Andrea Bocelli perform live with the Houston Symphony Orchestra and Chorus. We were some kind of excited.

There are no words, really, but magnificent, amazing, breathtaking, moving, and goosebumps come to mind. His music leaves me in awe. His talent is truly inspiring.

Not only was he in fine form, so was this young violinist (whose name was not revealed). She rocked the house and sent goosebumps up and down my spine. Considering that we were sitting far up and away from the stage, I was pleased with this zoomed-in shot. Even from a distance, the energy is apparent.


***










10 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful...I love this because I have a young adult child that plays the violin. I am sure that was a wonderful concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how wonderful! It sounds like a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dayle, that was a FABULOUS treat! Andrea is one of my absolute FAVES. He's wonderfully talented....oh, such a gift to our world. I would have LOVED that concert. I think they should have given the violinist's name! No doubt she practiced long and hard. Thanks for sharing. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dayle,
    I am so jealous! I love Andrea Bocelli and I would like the chance to get to see him live! Yes, I agree the young violinist should have been give credit...maybe this will be televised one day and we will get to see her again. Great zoom-in shot!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture IS amazing! Beauty & energy...music without a sound. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love Andrea Bocelli! That violinist looks like she loves what she does. Ethan is taking violin lessons this year. I hope he sticks with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dayle, Oh so glad that I hopped over--that is an incredible shot--

    I featured my "Dayle" on my blog today!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. did andrea sing "what child is this"? i love his duet with Mary J Blige? love that

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shot! I would have loved to be there with you. I would have been swept away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Andrea Boccelli. How lucky you were to go to one of his concerts!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle