Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Simple Pleasures ~ Traveling Together

I know. I know. I’ve been a very bad blogger lately. I’m so far behind on visiting my favorite bloggers that I’ve resigned to never catching up, at least not for another week or two.

I told you last week that I’ve been a busy bee. What I haven’t told you is that this happy retiree accepted a short-term work assignment the last week of January, and I’ve been blowing and going since then. The best part is I’m working alongside my twin sister, which makes for interesting days in more ways than one.

Here's how it happened. The Man and I are between trips and, well, boredom had reached an all-time high in the cabin. It was cabin fever gone wild. So, when twin sis called and asked if I’d be interested in taking a 30-day temp assignment for the next few weeks, I jumped on it, which means I leave home early in the morning, and return after 5:00 in the evening. I haven’t worked outside the home since retiring, almost three years ago, and I guess I forgot how consuming a job is. LOL!

So, now you know what I’ve been up to, and even though I’m a busy bee these days, I'm happy to host the Simple Pleasures party, and I hope you all will join me. If I’m late getting around to you again this week, just know I’ll be by whenever I can squeeze in some leisure time, because one thing I don’t do is rush through all the wonderful simple pleasures each week. That requires some relaxation and slow-going, just what this party is intended to do.

So, what’s my simple pleasure for this week? But of course, carpooling with my twin sister! We live down the street from each other, so I drive one week and she drives the next. And we gab all the way to the office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now ... what's your simple pleasure this week?
(Oh! If you're new here, please click on the Simple Pleasures tab above for guidelines.)


24 comments:

  1. Delightful simple pleasure! A sister is a priceless gift.
    Thanks for hosting Dayle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Dayle! (And I understand about blogging and working at the same time.) I seem to be in a lull regarding blogging - I don't think I've written many quality posts in a while. Ah...such is life, but I always look forward to Simple Pleasures each week.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a fun, fun treat for me. Normally, I'm all alone, talking to myself. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A twin sister? I didn't know that about you! Having a twin sounds like a simple pleasure in itself.

    And the boredom sounds pretty nice too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dayle, I'm new to visiting your blog. My simple pleasure this week was gardening in the beautiful sunshine.
    Blessings,
    Gayle @ The Old Parsonage

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say, I think it is beyond fun that you and your sister are so close. I have a younger brother and we just cannot seem to get it together heart-wise. She truly is a simple pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the busy bee is having a lot of fun! Quality chat time with the sis is a great simple pleasure. (Cute pic too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dayle, you are so very blessed!
    I'd love to live in the same street as my two sisters!!
    Enjoy your time with Gayle - looks like you two have a lot of fun together :-)
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to be able to carpool with your sister. Don't worry about being behind with blogging. It's totally understandable especially when you work outside your home. I don't and I fall behind at times. Sigh...I know...terrible neighbor. ;) I don't like to rush through so I dedicate a day or two a week to just go visit everybody.

    Thank you for hosting as usual, Dayle.

    Much love,
    Marcia (One Heart)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful post-retirement experience! I know that I enjoy spending time with my younger sister...because she's almost 7 years my junior, I didn't really get to know her until I moved to the same town. That was 35 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It shows through in the photo just how much you're enjoying yourselves. It must be like looking in the mirror when you look at your sister! How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Dayle...I love your simple pleasure....being with your twin...that is so cool and this picture...the best. You guys look so much alike it's like looking at you from different angles ☺ Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Pleasure is a true treasure ~~~sisters together !!! work or fun ~~~love it !

    ReplyDelete
  14. You two make me smile! Having the blessing of raising twin daughters ans seeing their antics and love for one another is a joy beyond words! I get a glimpse into your world together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice change in the daily routine, huh? Oh, blogging will remain here when you're able to peek in - you go, have fun, but don't wear yourself out ♥ Love the photo, Dayle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't possibly love the picture of you and Gayle any more than I do. It illustrates your simple pleasure VERY well!

    I relate very much to what working does to blogging. Just the few days a week that I am doing it are just about to knock me insane. My pleasure this afternoon related exactly to that.

    I'm going to be late getting around to the others this time, too. I absolutely love reading all the different ones. I will be settling down this evening to do it.

    Glad you found a perk to work.
    I'm feeling a bit perkier myself. That's why I have the brain waves to come up with that clever rhyme. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, this is my first time here and this weeks simple pleasure of mine is so SIMPLE as the light. After so many dark months here in Finland I noticed increased light and today sun was shining. What more human wants that the light, thought here is still very cold and tons of snow:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. For someone who has always wanted a sister, this would be a dream come true.
    That picture is darling. You should make a copy for your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How lovely that you can do that with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You two look like you are having so much fun. *grin* I pray that this temp job is a blessings in many ways. Enjoy your time with your sis!

    Blessings in Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. it's going to be hard to beat your simple pleasure.
    i spent mine in the mountains with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love the bond you have with your sister! My sister and I are so very different and while the years have brought us closer together, I wonder if we'll ever have that kind of connection. Indeed, a simple pleasure...and so glad you cherish it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. kindred spirit right from your header photo!
    lovely....
    grace & peace~

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle