Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Keeping Sugar Plum ~ Simple Pleasures

Welcome to another Simple Pleasures party. I took last week off for a bit of rest, but it feels good to be back, hosting this weekly event. If you’re here for the first time, please click on the Simple Pleasures tab above for important information before linking up. If you check back and find your link has been deleted, please re-read the guidelines. 

I've said it before, but let me say again that I want to keep this party fun, which means you shouldn't stress out about it if you don't have time to visit with everybody. If you can only visit the one in front of you, and the one behind you, then you're helping spread the love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not long ago, my niece called and asked if I had a few hours the next evening to watch Ainsley, her first baby, and my first great-niece, while she and her husband went on a little date.

Well ... I couldn't say "YES!" fast enough. I was so excited about my upcoming babysitting job that I smiled the rest of that day and lost a bit of sleep that night. The next morning, I was still smiling. It seemed 5:00 would never get here.

But a little before five o'clock, there she was, coming to stay with Aunt Dayle. I'm sure one day I'll call her by her name, but for now she's sugar plum, sugar pie, sugar baby ... anything with "sugar" in it because, quite frankly, she's just a little pile of pure sugar!

The first order of business was sitting on the table while Aunt Dayle ate her dinner.

Shortly after, she had her dinner and passed right out.

And when she woke up, we took a little stroll down the street.

All too soon, she was whisked away by her mommy and daddy, but for a few short hours, she was all mine. And the way I see it, there is no sweeter simple pleasure in the world, than time spent watching over the little ones.


What's your simple pleasure?



30 comments:

  1. Solitude. I rarely get time to myself and right now, I am alone and loving every moment of it, if only for a couple hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Dayle. She IS pure sugar. A real little sugar doll. Thanks for sharing. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar is the right word! So glad you got to spend time with that little sweetie. Just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...she is just as cute as button! :)

    I am sure you had a grand old time with her in your home...

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is precious. I can tell she is a joy to have around.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so sweet. I look forward to those days, in my future :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dayle,
    I so agree - there is nothing like a little "sugar" in our lives to keep us going! She is adorable and at such a sweet, sweet age. I can just imagine how much you loved having her!

    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dayle,
    What a little darling she is.
    Love that gorgeous smile lol!!
    No wonder you couldn't wait to have her with you :-)
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Dayle ... how you've captured Ainsley's little personality; I just want to reach inside my monitor and scoop her up! How blessed is this little darling ... all this love just waiting out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Yes, she is a Darling Sugar Pie!!! I LOVE the last picture, Look at that smile!!! Thank you for hosting the fun party!
    Big Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a joy. She is adorable! Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's precious -- and this day sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, we're on the same wavelength this week. So sweet. Nothing like a pile of baby sugar, now is there?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful baby! Can't believe how much she's grown. I bet you were giving her lots of sugars.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh Dayle...she's adorable....those little eyes of hers...so sweet.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a precious simple pleasure...we had one of those seats for our son, I felt they looked like little flowers in a flower pot...too too cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet a pleasure ......and a treasure
    Beautiful baby girl !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that little girl...and her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I nearly died when I got to the last picture of her in that stroller. That is the CUTEST smile that I have seen in a long time!

    She seems to be saying, "Isn't this the greatest?"

    And that, dear blog friend, just gave me a memory. Therefore, I just got two simple pleasures in one.

    Really, really adorable, Dayle.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That little sugar plum is precious! Especially that smile in stroller photo. So cute! Best wishes to you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely sweet. :) What a joy and a pleasure.

    Thanks for sharing and hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. She looks so sweet...I so share in this Simple Pleasure, being an Aunt Lise is the best thing in the world and I enjoy every moment of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a smile your little sugar plum has, no wonder you like to look after her. They are all sweet photos but the one of her sleeping is just so very, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. There's nothing better than spending time with a little one! Puts everything into perspective - she's adorable,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dayle,
    She is as sweet as a little pile of sugar! What fun!
    Glad you had a wonderful respite!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dayle, that smile of hers is sooo cute. Bet you did have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know just how you feel.
    Did you sit and watch her sleep and listen to her breathing?

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle