Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fresh Garden Goodness ~ Simple, Summertime Pleasures



"The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof."
(Psalm 24:1)

July 4th found me and The Man all alone, but we didn't let that keep us from enjoying an amazing meal. The Man slapped a couple of steaks on the grill, while I tackled this basket of beauties. In the end, there were two juicy steaks, fresh corn off-the-cob (my favorite way to eat fresh corn, with lots of black pepper), fresh peas, fried green tomatoes, sliced red tomatoes, and a skillet of cornbread. It doesn't get more Southern than that.

Fresh garden goodness from God's wonderful earth .... my simple, summertime pleasure.

Do you have a simple, summertime pleasure to share today? Last week you blew me away again, but that's nothing new. If this is your first time linking up, please read the guidelines on the Simple Pleasures page, before linking up. Important information can be found there. If you check back and find your link has been deleted, it isn't personal; please revisit the guidelines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's your simple/summertime pleasure?





13 comments:

  1. Dayle,
    Is there anything better than steaks on the grill and fresh veggies? Just thinking of them makes my mouth water. Love your Simple, Summer Pleasure.

    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those garden-fresh veggies look wonderful, Dayle! You obviously have mastered the art of Texas gardening :) I'm glad you can't see my pitiful tomato plants....maybe next year I'll have better luck. Grocery store tomatoes can't compare with ones from the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Gwen - Oh, if only these veggies were from my personal garden! :( But, thankfully, we have a wonderful farmer's market close to home and that's good enough for me. Maybe one of these years, I'll attempt my own garden, but I'm not sure I have the stamina for it in this Texas heat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dayle...I love how you wrote this...that writer in you made this simple pleasure sound so yummy and awesome. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this time of year with all the abundance of fresh produce. Your dinner sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look forward to the opening of our Farmer's Market! You can't go wrong with luscious looking vegetables and fruits.

    Thanks for being our hostess (and creator) for Summer Simple Pleasures.
    It's so much fun to see everyone's ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vegetables look so tasty. I am longing for some purple hull peas! It has been so long since I've dropped by, but thought of you today and linked up. I've not been posting too much, but trying to get back into the swing of things when the busy summer is over. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best to you, Dayle, in the fullness of Simple Pleasures this week! Your basket of fresh garden goodness looks healthy and delicious! Hope you concocted something amazing for dinner with the harvest! Be ye blessed!
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right ...it just doesnt get much better than your pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dayle,
    What a perfect luscious summertime meal!
    We also had 4th of July just the 2 of us this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, Dayle, this sounds delicious. I'm headed for the kitchen. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds delicious! I like corn off the cob, but I like it ON the cob even better. I eat it fast and furiously!

    I tried to find a simple pleasure this week, but through ALL fault of my own, I wallowed in darkness instead.

    Good grief...

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle