Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Satisfying My Sweet Tooth ~ Simple Pleasures


Sometimes, I just have to satisfy my sweet tooth.


A few months ago, I found this wonderful coconut custard pie recipe over at a Lorraine's lovely blog. I've made it three times, which lets you know how good it is, not to mention easy. The original source of the recipe is found below. I changed the name of the recipe, but nothing else was changed. If you like coconut, this is a winner, and a definite simple pleasure (in small portions, of course ... wink, wink).

No-Crust Coconut Custard Pie

1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated milk)
1-1/2 cups water
1/3 cup biscuit baking mix (such as Bisquick of Jiffy)
3 eggs
1/4 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup flaked coconut (more or less)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  

Place all ingredients (except coconut) in blender.
Blend on low speed for 3 minutes.  
Pour into greased 9 or 10-inch pie plate; let stand 5 minutes.
Sprinkle top with coconut.  
Mixture will be very runny. Carefully place in oven.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until coconut is golden brown and knife inserted near edge comes out clean.  
Cool. Serve warm or room temperature.
Refrigerate leftovers. (Also good served right out of refrigerator.)

Recipe source: Favorite Brand Name Best-Loved Recipes of All Time (copyright 1996 by Publications International, Ltd.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's your simple/summertime pleasure?

Please visit the guidelines before linking up.


20 comments:

  1. Dayle,
    I love those easy kinds of pies and I am definitely going to try this one. I need something easy to take to a pool party later this month. Thanks!

    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy and good always catch my eye!
    But it looks great also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dayle, that looks luscious. Mmmmmmm. But I'd better not make it as I'd want to eat the whole thing. Thanks for sharing. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would definitely be a pleasure for me!
    It looks delicious - but then I think anything with coconut is, lol!!
    Thanks for the easy recipe too, Dayle.
    Have a lovely week.
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound way too easy. I must give it a try very soon. Have a terrific day! Tammhy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you have me wanting to make this recipe again too :) We are having one of my husbands college friends and his wife over this coming Sunday for dinner. He was in our wedding and we haven't seen him much in the past 25+ years. We are all so excited (reconnected through facebook). I have been trying to decide what dessert to make. Thank you for the link back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love coconut pie, and I never have it unless my mother makes it because hers is so good. This looks easy enough for me to try. Of course, I'll need a bunch of people to share it with because unchecked I could probably eat the whole thing. Sad. Really Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. would you believe that I've never eaten coconut pie.....it's fun when you find something you love. Dayle...hope you're staying cool. The summer heat is pretty wicked even up here....Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dayle, your pie sounds delicious, I haven't had coconut in anything for years. I might try and make one of our Custard Tarts and add the vanilla and coconut (we don't get bisquit making mix here in England, I don't think we do anyway). Thanks for hosting Simple Pleasures, I really enjoy joining in, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dayle, this looks wonderful! Not to mention yummy. I will try this. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dayle,
    This looks yummy, I may have to try it !!
    Thanks for sharing the reciepe

    ReplyDelete
  12. any thing with that Eagle Brand condensed milk is so good

    I am trying to loose weight due to my health but oh how I want a piece of that

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back again.

    It just occurred to me that this is the second "sweet" themed post this week. I think you have sugar on the mind. The Man better watch his step. He's likely to get smooched to death.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dayle, your pie looks divine. I love coconut.

    Joining you for the first time. Thanks so much for hosting.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, now that is a wonderful simple pleasure! My mom used to make a coconut pie like that; I haven't had it since I was a kid. Thanks for bringing back the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am making this one for sure! Looks divine!

    I seem to be having a bit of trouble linking up. Hope to work it out later but until then, here's my offering this week.

    http://findingtheinspiring.blogspot.com/2011/07/gourmet-french-fries-simple-pleasure.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pie looks smashing! One of my favorites! And, without the crust it's almost guilt free except for the loads of sugar!
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummmmmmmmmmy, this looks so good I would mind locking myself in with 2

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I do love coconut and this one does sound easy. I think I'll give it a try this weekend in small servings of course...wink, wink!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle