Friday, August 5, 2011

And so it begins ...

If you joined me for Simple Pleasures yesterday, and wondered why your hostess showed up so late, well, you're looking at it. But before I get to that subject, let me just say what an honor it is to see all of those who show up for the Simple Pleasures party each week. Seriously. I am always humbled and honored that you would join me here and share part of your week with me. You all rock!

Now, back to why I was a bit late to the party yesterday. Cloud Nine, as we lovingly call our RV, has hit the road for her first big trip of the year and yesterday found us rolling along freeways and stopping for fuel (oh joy!). No time for partying until we parked for the night.

If you recall (and you probably don't, since I'm sure you have other fish to fry ... hehe), last year The Man and I took two extended trips; one in spring (MLB spring training trip, but of course .. wink, wink), and one in August (for our 30th wedding anniversary celebration), and both trips exceeded my expectations. I woke up every morning so grateful to God for the wonderful opportunity to do what we do; something we never take for granted.

Then 2011 came along, and, well, can I be honest? This year has not been without its challenges. The Man and I have faced things we've never faced before, and hadn't a clue how to handle. For months, we were stuck in that icky state called "limbo." Waiting. Praying. Waiting. Praying. Waiting. Pulling our hair out. You get the picture.

Sorry this has turned into a rambling post but it's too late to turn back now, so let me get right to the point of the matter.

After a tough year, The Man and I have embarked on a six-week voyage, unless somebody gets homesick before the end of the trail. We’re calling it The Tour of 2011. (What can I say? Our imagination isn’t what it used to be.) 

Lord willing, and the creek don't rise, our destinations will include Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, California, and New Mexico. Catching some ...Major League Baseball games, of course (part of The Man's overall retirement plan, if you recall). I’m particularly pumped about the temperatures in California (at least the places we’re visiting). Woo Hoo! No triple digits to deal with!

Would you please pray for safe travels, and as few problems as the good Lord sees fit? We would appreciate it very much.

In our absence from home, we have a couple of very capable house-sitters filling in the gap, which makes me a happy camper.

Until next time, Lord willing, I'll be sending postcards from the road.



12 comments:

  1. How exciting! Can't wait to see and hear about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great & safe trip. Enjoy those cooler temps. I hope to get around to visit the others who joined the party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it make me a stalker that I DO remember the voyage of 2010? You ended up at one of my favorite destinations, in fact.

    So I'm looking forward to something wonderful from you and The Man and the long, long, trailer.
    (Wait. Wrong movie.)

    Anyway, I'll be praying for safety and waiting for postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an amazing trip. I hope you have a great time. I'll be looking for your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous. Only in the 70s here in socal. You will love it if it holds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I was going along with you. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great trip and I look forward to reading about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go!
    I think I remember you two taking a short trip at the beginning of the summer. So this makes more sence to me (6 weeks).
    If you ever get up here to the Pacific Northwest, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow and God bless!
    We might not have a Cloud 9 in our lives, but could sure take a lesson from you two! (Or, three ... is Diesel along for the ride?)
    Please let me know if your travels bring you through Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful...we are wrapping up a 3 week trip.... and I feel so blessed... God is so good... I only have to wait 2 months for our next trip. God willing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful trip, Dayle and I pray for a safe journey.

    And if you can, please try to bring back some rain and cooler temperatures with you! :)

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like fun...ENJOY every minute. Praying for a safe trip! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle