Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Birthday Girls Hit the Road

The twin sister and I had a birthday last week.

We are officially way, way over the hill, but that's another post for another day.

To celebrate, we gathered family around a table for a wonderful meal out.
For those who can't tell which twin is me, I'm on the left.
Gayle's daughter is to the right of her; my daughter is on the end.

Then, a road trip was in order. Bright and early on Saturday morning, we took to the highway, headed toward one of our favorite vacation spots, the Great Smoky Mountains. Here we are at one of our pit stops, stretching the old body.

After two days and 997 miles, we crept up a treacherous and terrifying mountain road to a log cabin, and discovered the views were just as magnificent as we remembered from past visits. (We only hope we can find our way down and back up again.)

We will spend a few days here, enjoying the scenery, the food, the weather, and counting our endless blessings. And lots of laughing, of course.

Our little log cabin is cozy and perfect.

Until next time, sweet blogging friends, make the moments count.





20 comments:

  1. You two look like spring chickens to me. :) Happy, happy birthday to you both! Enjoy your time in the mountains. It is absolutely beautiful and breathtaking. Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the both of you, which one is you??lol.You are definately identical.The young girl that follows in the pic above is a daughter of one of you right? She looks like the both of you ha!Have a great time, and many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you and your sister! We love the mountains, too, and were planning a trip there this week until this cold bug hit. You'll have to tell me where you found the cabin. I'm just glad I don't have to drive 997 miles to get there! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to both of you! I've had the fun of staying in a log cabin in The Smokies with my sister and our husbands - your photos make me wish we could do it again. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you both! Looks like a fabulous place to be. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanksfor sharing parts of the celebration!
    Happy Birthday to both of you.
    What a great place to enjoy each other. Do I hear laughter?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope my twins will love one another like this, and plan birthday extravaganzas together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well happy late birthday to you and your sister, Dayle. Every moment truly DOES count.The cabin and views sound wonderful....the trecherous road up (and down) sounds scary! Ha! Have a wonderful time. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a blessing that your families are so close. Such a great way to celebrate each other and your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday wises to two very sweet ladies!! Must had been wonderful sharing the day together and with family.

    My twin daughters will have a birthday in early November. But sometimes, because of the distance between them, they won't be together :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to both of you, Dayle. More October babies, woo-hoo!!
    Enjoy your time. Looks heavenly, and so does that cake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay! A road trip for Thelma and Louise.
    Happy Birthday to one of my favorite sets of twins. I can tell which twin is which in the table picture, but I want to know which one is laughing in the baby picture.

    My money is on Gayle. I've seen a picture of her laugh, and it looks like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dayle! Happy Birthday to you and your sis! I loved all the photos and the cabin looks wonderful! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yumo! Happy Birthday and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dayle,
    Happy Birthday to you and Gayle! What a fun thing - to take a road trip to celebrate. That cabin looks just like one I'd like to rest, relax, read and, oh, yes laugh in!

    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like you I had a birthday last week. I hope you both had an enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very Happy Birthday! It is my father's birthday as well - though he is MUCH older than you! Looks like you are having a lovely trip! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This trip looks like FUN. What a great cabin!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle