Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Twins ~ Back to the Real World


The birthday girls are home from their Smoky Mountain excursion. On our final afternoon on the mountain top, we struck a pose on the porch for our "official" birthday photo. It was rainy and windy and cold, but after several dozen shots, we settled on this one (that's twin sis on the right). Thank the good Lord for a self-timer on the Kodak.

And thank you, my blogging friends, for your generous birthday wishes. Your comments warmed my heart. You are a gift to me. Many of you spoke about how blessed we are and you are so right.


With each year that goes by, Gayle and I realize just how blessed we are, not only to be identical twins, who are best friends, but to be able to spend quality time together. There are many siblings that a) are not fond of each other, or b) if they are fond of each other, are not able to spend quality time together. So, having each other and enjoying each other's company is indeed a blessing.

During my time away, I've fallen behind on visiting my favorite bloggers, so I'm looking forward to catching up in the next few days.

Until next time, make some memories.

"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We live outside the touch of time." ~ Clara Ortega


18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quote at the end!

    You are both ravishingly beautiful (and so stylish!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am struck by your parting advice!
    That, and your darling boots ... all four :)

    Happy Belated Birthday, ladies. I hope your new year blessings are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a memorable time for you two.
    I really enjoy your love for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two look wonderful! Happy birthday! You have a relationship I have never had. You are very blessed. Kit

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing, truly, to have such a sister! So glad you two had some quality time to spend your birthday together. God is so good!! Glad you're back among us!

    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quote and . Twins are special...i know i am one although we are fraternal. my twin lives in the Blue Ridge and myself in michigan. i don't get to see her as often a I'd like to but we call and write every week..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you're tremendously blessed to be close to Sis. And very lovely photos of a memorable weekend.

    I have two baby brothers and one baby sister. I am "close" to my brothers but not at all to my sister. I've tried, but have come up empty. I'm thinking that the shorter life is (by the day!) I'm going to try even harder. Even if I do live more than ten thousand miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh happy belated birthday! You both are so pretty and you are indeed lucky to spend time together. My sister and I live far apart and don't get together as often as we would like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You girls look lovely.

    www.geekettegazette.com
    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You both look beautiful and it looks like you stayed in a beautiful place with nice autumn weather. What a blessing to read your post and the love that you share for each other as sisters.
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a lovely photo! I love the names, Dayle and Gayle, and glad to share a name with your sister.
    Blessings,
    Gayle from Behind the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated birthday wishes. Lovely photo of both of you. So happy you could see the awesome mountains in Fall.
    Blessings,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday to both !!!
    Dayle you were in my neck of the woods I live really close to the Smokies , Hope you enjoyed your stay, got in some good shopping .
    Sorry you had bad weather on Tue, Wed., Thurs and some of Friday it was rainy along with the Cold,
    Sat. and today is beautiful
    I agree also that nothing is better than sibling
    I love mine so enjoy every moment you have with each one !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous shots, Dayle. You are two beautiful ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated Birthday wishes to both of you , wonderful sisters ! You both look very content and happy . My sister and I live on different continents (she lives in Europe), but we are very close and every summer we spent time together .I am so happy for you .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dayle,
    I love the memories you and Gayle are making. The photo "shoot" looks like it was a lot of fun, too!

    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I LOVE that quote, and it's so true. You and Gayle are so blessed to have each other (and your other sister too)

    I'm so glad you had a restful time together. I'm behind in visiting too. Revival at church and just general busyness in between.

    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle