Sunday, November 27, 2011

Picking Up Where We Left Off

I have forsaken blogland this week, and in a big way. Other things have demanded my attention and there comes a time, as I’m sure you all have experienced, when you have to let something go. I hope we can just pick up where we left off, like friends often do.

We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, hosted by my beautiful twin sister. As we get older, it seems time flies by. I’m grateful for having shared another November, with those near and dear to my heart, and I hope you all had a memorable weekend, as well.


I can hardly believe December is upon us. I will tackle the big Christmas tree this week, but, in the meantime, I was able to get up a few things Christmas related (like the itty-bitty firefighter’s tree I put up each year to honor the retired firefighter who lives here) and hope to be all done by next weekend. 

Until next time, dear blogging friends, thanks for your continued friendship. I've missed you and look forward to visiting with you soon.



15 comments:

  1. Hi Dayle:

    I'm glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving. The photo of your family is lovely. How blessed you are to have your parents and that the family was able to spend time together.

    I look forward to reading your future posts.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo of your family! We spent Thanksgiving with my sister too.

    Love the Fire engine tree honoring your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos and your little tree is precious! My Daddy was a fireman...this brings back good memories to me! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your lovely pictures. Looks like a fabulous Thanksgiving for you and the fam. Looking forward to holiday photos.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wayward blogless blogger checking in to say Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas Season. I basically took the week off as well so I could enjoy having a house full of daughters all to myself.

    Well, OK. I shared them with their dad a bit too.

    Welcome back! I love that firetruck tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good friends just KNOW.
    Family and Thanksgiving go together, just like in your pictures.

    Glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving. I just love the firefighter tree! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We certainly understand and the group photo is just lovely. What a great looking family. I have never seen a fireman tree and it is stunning! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Lovely pictures. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all the boots in the family photo! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving--ours was blessed too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute firefighter tree!! Lovely photo's and I am so pleased you had a good Thanksgiving with your family!
    Hugs
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been away and missed you. Looks like you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Family comes first for sure. You have a beautiful one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so thoughtful to have an "itty-bitty firefighter’s tree" for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful family photo! The firefighter tree is one of the best Christmas trees I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle