Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 ~ A Year In Review

The years offer up many things. People die. Babies are born. Love blooms. Hearts break. Not every year is a good one. But no matter what the year brings, if I look carefully, there’s always something good to remember.

Here are a few of my highlights of 2011.

January ~ A certain great-niece named Ainsley (aka sugar plum) captured my heart as we got acquainted.

February ~ A rare month spent carpooling with twin sis, while working a temp assignment. Oh, what fun we had.

March ~ Spending time with my dear parents means more with each year that passes.


April ~ Keeping sugar plum ... and Easter Sunday.


May ~ Mother's Day with my beautiful mom and daughter.

June ~ Celebrating the daughter's birthday in San Antonio.

July ~ Keeping sugar plum.


August ~ Embarking on an incredible 7-week road trip to the West Coast. Oh, the pictures I won't post. :)
(I already did that in August.)

We celebrated The Man's birthday in August ...

... as well as our 31st wedding anniversary.

Woo-Hoo!

September ~ An amazing rainbow welcomed us back into the great state of Texas.

October ~ A road trip with twin sis to the Great Smoky Mountains, celebrating yet another birthday
(they seem to be getting closer and closer these days).

November ~ A month overflowing with blessings. Too many to count.

December ~ Sugar plum turned one, and Christmas found us surrounded by family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How did 2011 shape up for you?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Until next time, sweet friends, here's wishing you a blessed and prosperous New Year.





15 comments:

  1. Love it! Every photo, every month! Sooo much for which to be sincerely grateful.

    Two P.S.'s: Dear Daughter married this year? Or was that last year?

    And, ahem: WHAT's THE DEAL?? Stan The Man in a CUBS T-shirt????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a blessed and charming life. And I just love those baby pics. Newborns are so sweet.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A joy recapping the year with you! So thankful for for blogging friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Dayle. I love your collages for the year in review! Sugar Plum has grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to sum up the year...the counting of your blessings. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings, Dayle! 2011 was a tough year of fallow ground being broken in my life and heart - so that grand new things might be planted and sprout in promise come 2012. The highpoint of my 2011 was to become a part of Blogworld and meet precious sisters in the Lord such as you! How inspired I have been through my blogging experience - a true gift from God to help me navigate stormy seas on other fronts. And, now, as the skies clear for 2012 - I can see the stars and dare to touch them . . .
    Joy!
    Kathy
    P.S. See my Pink Saturday post later today on the "star" bit . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you, Dayle!
    What a fabulous collection of photos you to remember 2011!
    One of the highlights of the past year for me was being able to join you for Simple Pleasures :-)
    Thanks for the blessings!
    May the coming year be filled with many more for you and yours.
    love in Jesus...Trish (from Lily-Rose Cottage)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful collages! Have a very Happy New Year! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kelley - the daughter was married in 2010. Time is flying. As for the man in a CUBS t-shirt, I don't recall what brought that on, especially since we were in San Francisco on his birthday. A mystery to be solved. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad we're sisters and neighbors. Looking forward to new memories in 2012. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Dayle, happy new year! 2011 looks like it was a good year indeed. How could it not be with visions of a sugar plum dancing round in your head. :) She is so precious in that Christmas dress! And the autumn collage of photos is gorgeous! Wishing you a great year ahead. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to look back and remember. Your photos are beautiful and your sugar plum is absolutely adorable. Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Dear Dayle....

    Nice post...very, very nice.

    2011 was one of the good years for me. Grateful for that and hope the same for 2012.

    May you be blessed with many good things this year.

    Sugar Plum is definitely a highlight for you!

    Take care and Dayle, thanks for all your visits and comments on my blog. Love your visits.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I need to go back through my year and find the many blessings the way you did. I think mine would be summed up with family too.

    It looks like Miss Sugar Plum was the star of the year. I can't imagine why... it must have something to do with the fact that she has the cutest little smile and is just plain adorable.

    Believing for 2012...

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks like you had a good 2011, Happy new year and hope you have a great 2012.

    http://en4t.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle