Monday, December 19, 2011

I know it's Christmas, but look what we have in Southeast Texas!

I know it's the Christmas season, but this is noteworthy, so bear with me.

Fall comes late to Southeast Texas, and it's easy for us who live here to get so wrapped up in Christmas colors that we miss the gorgeous colors of fall. And while we always get some color, we don't always see brilliant colors for an extended amount of time.

But this year has marked some of the most amazing colors we've had in years around here, and it's been contributed mainly to the drought we've experienced in recent months. So ... even with bad news, there's some good news.

Last week, I drove around my neighborhood and my niece's neighborhood and captured some of our colors on camera. The two pictures on the left of this mosaic are of the pear tree from my own backyard. It has never looked like this since I've lived here (22 years now).

So, in between the Christmas festivities, I find myself driving around, almost missing my exit, staring at the trees.

And you thought we didn't have fall around here ...




12 comments:

  1. Oh, so nice to see autumn colors again! It was a gorgeous and colorful time here too but they are long gone. Your photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always in awe with the colors that god has given us.
    Happy Fall...aaah I mean, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fall colors! Yesterday I was standing outside on the back porch just watching the golden leaves fall like rain.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! We see some fall leaves in the winter here, too...but not yet! Happy holidays!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's beautiful. I'm really surprised. That means maybe I'll get to see some of this in a few days. It looks like the colors we had here in GA a few weeks ago. Most of it has faded now, although it's warm. Strange weather these days.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I thought fall was late around these parts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dayle, to me this is a priceless Christmas gift. I am so jealous...nothing close to it in South Florida and I am a huge fan of all things autumn. BEAUTIFUL!! Enjoy staring at the trees, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the pear tree! I've never seen it with fall foliage. Indeed, one of the prettiest years we've had all around. I recall another one a few years back, but this one has lasted longer. I've been tree-gawking since the first week of December, and I'm glad I'm not the only one missing exits. HA! I also have had near misses with other travelers. Yep. It's happened. Mainly because I'm holding my camera and snapping as I drive. Bad girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful fall colors! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dayle...Imagine! Fall in December. Very, very pretty. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle