Saturday, December 10, 2011

I've Missed You

I have been MIA from blogland, yet again. Sometimes life throws things at you that either knock the wind out of you, or require you to be in high-gear. I guess you could say it's been a little of both the past couple of weeks, and all during the Christmas season, which adds another layer of feelings to the mix.

BUT .... here I am and all is well and is going to be well. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. Amen!

I had intended to link up with some Christmas blog parties this week, but that didn't happen. I may try to join up with others this coming week, but that's not high on my priority list right now. So ... in the meantime, here is a peek at what I've been doing in between everything else that's captured my attention. I hope to visit with all of you soon. Don't give up on me just yet.


Sugar plum had a birthday and a terrific party with family. She is now a year old. I can hardly believe it myself. Her birthday table was a dreamy piece of art, as was that outfit! She is standing in front of a rocking chair that belonged to her nana (my sister), whom she just happens to adore. This precious child brings joy to my life every single day, and I am privileged to see her often. Being a great-aunt rocks.

Let's see .... what else has been going on?


The Christmas spirit arrived. Oh, joy!


We experienced some cold afternoons here in Southeast Texas, which meant a nap and a fire in the fireplace.


Evenings have mostly been spent in front of the Christmas tree. The world is whole again.

Until next time, sweet friends, rejoice!

15 comments:

  1. I've missed you too. :)
    Sugar Plum looks adorable in her birthday pics. Many blessings to her.
    Love your stockings and your tree...and yes, the world is whole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have missed you. What a lovely party! She's so sweet. I've had grand intentions of linking with some bloggy parties, too, but that's not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet baby girl and that is where time is well spent. Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dayle!Such cute Birthday pics.I remember when my girls were that small.Lovly Christmas images too.Your tree is gorgeous.


    I clicked on your story Dayle,first time I saw that.How beautiful.Many more lovely years to come for the both of you.My husband and I would of been 32 years this month if he was still alive.My the years fly dont they?


    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dayle...So good to hear from you. Hope everything is better.

    The cutie patootee is a real doll baby. Happy Birthday to her!

    Crazy busy here, too, but good. I'm grateful.

    Take care. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what an adorable out fit. And your tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I've missed you too. I hope everything is ok. The tree is beautiful, the baby is adorable. Good to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a party and I want me an outfit like that....LOL She is lovely! And what a great smile! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  9. No worries-
    I certainly understand.
    I am just not blogging as much right now.

    I hope all is well-

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've missed you! Your home looks so spectacular! Your adorable stockings on the mantel rock! Show us a close-up soon.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe Sugar Plum is a year old already! She is so cute. And I love her b-day outfit!
    Your tree is gorgeous, warmly traditional. Makes me want to curl up in front of it.
    I understand about taking breaks. About to take one myself. It's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at those Christmas stockings! Those are so cute!
    Nothing says Christmas time then family. Welcome back. You were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hugs to my dear sis. Glad you're back...at least for now. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed you, and I'm glad to see your blog face. I do understand when the world gets a grip on you. It's been clutching at me for months now. Periodically, I stop and breathe. I'm glad to read (or I think I'm reading) that whatever has surrounded you is getting better.

    Your Sugar Plum is adorable! I love her little outfit, and I think she's standing like a ballerina or something. Everything looks Christmasy and homey to me!

    God is good. All the time. All the time. God IS good.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle