Friday, January 6, 2012

The Little Worshipper

Back in November, I went shopping with my niece and her little daughter, Ainsley. If you come to my blog often, you know my great-niece has been a great source of joy to me since her arrival on the planet 13 months ago. I call her my sugar plum and she is exactly that.

Anyway, back to my story. Every store we walked in, the second Ainsley heard the piped-in music, her hands would go up in the air and she would let out a soft, “Whoooo,” and get a sweet expression on her little face. You see, Ainsley attends church regularly, and her mother is the music director at the church she attends, and, the simple truth is Ainsley loves to praise the Lord. Whenever she hears music, she is instantly transported.

And don’t tell her you can’t worship to secular music. As you can see in the photo, it didn’t matter that we were in the middle of Chipotle, or that the song wasn’t a trusted hymn. Her heart could not contain her worship; she had to show it.

I’m reminded of the words of Jesus when he said in Matthew 18:3: “Except you be converted and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”

Lord, I want to worship you like sweet Ainsley, not worried about who is looking, or what song is playing. You are worthy of my praise every hour of every day, whether I’m in Chipotle, or in a chapel.


Sharing this with Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays.





20 comments:

  1. That's so sweet and such a blessing this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her sweet little heart! So, so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! This is precious - to the heart of God and the heart of anyone who loves to worship Him, too! Out of the mouth of babes - your Sugar Plum is perfected Praise!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just precious! So sweet---kids are such a gift and they often are used by God to speak wisdo to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dayle....Sugar Plum is a real little peach, too. She has a lot to teach us, doesn't she? Thanks for sharing and have a super weekend. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. At its truest and best, worship is a lifestyle, isn't it? I pray Ainsley will always sense that. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this post. Your sugar plum is just too cute.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so sweet. What a special little girl your sugar plum is. And so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. smiles! I just know that God is smiling too!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen, Amen, Amen! I love this little post, and it does remind me to come to Him as a little child. Trusting, loving, and completely uninhibited.

    She really is a cutie you know. Make that a sugar plum.

    (And Dayle, my friend, I won't say it every time I comment, but I pray for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful baby. Beautiful post!! Happy New Year Dayle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sweet Ainsley. Love her to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww. The kiddo is so cute. Yes. Kids are very drawn to music.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful, Dayle.
    I might even call it a glorious Simple Pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No wonder God loves children so much. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is precious. I can see how she is a joy in your life. Thank you for sharing her with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle