Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Post-It Note

It wasn’t how we planned to spend that cold Sunday morning two weeks ago, but a strange and trying set of circumstances required us to rise before daylight and head east.

As we drove across Lake Houston, the sun was just beginning to paint the horizon in the colors of morning. An early fog rested low across the water. A sight to behold.

You must understand. The Man isn’t one to stop on the side of the road and let me bask in the moment, while fiddling with camera settings. Oh, no. So I knew I had to act quickly, or I would miss this glorious thing.

Normally, I take a camera everywhere I go (bloggers tend to do this, travelers tend to do this, and I am both). But I hadn’t brought a camera along that morning; it was the last thing on my mind.

I was still in the learning curve with my new smart phone and had never so much as taken a single shot with its camera. But—taking a deep breath and a giant leap of faith—I whipped it out and managed to capture this shot.

As I studied the photo later that day, I realized it was a post-it note from God. It seemed He had written these words just for me: You may be in the midst of a trial, dear child of mine, but I’m still here, and blessings still abound.


***

Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you. I will help you.
~
(Isaiah 41:10)


Linking up with a new blog party, Sunlit Sundays.


28 comments:

  1. Prayers for you, Dayle. And a lovely message from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you.. I needed that little post it note from God too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! God knows what we need and when we need it. Blessings to you.

      Delete
  3. Dayle whatever you are facing I hope things will be brighter and life not too hard. Prayers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elaine. I'm happy to report that those particular circumstances have been resolved. God is faithful. Your prayers are always welcome!

      Delete
  4. Blessings to you, keep that awesome prayer in your heart. It is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dayle...That was a glorious post it note. Just glorious. Thanks for sharing. And you must already know that the trials pass. Praise Him. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure smiled when I read God's dreamy Post-It Note. Mmm. And with an iPhone. Just imagine what it genuinely looks like to the Creator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an incredible sky, Dayle. I like your description, "the colours of morning" and hope that your trying time has been somewhat alleviated.
    Many thanks for linking with Sunlit Sunday this week. It's a pleasure to have you participate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God's "Post-It note" .... what a PERFECT, happy description!
    My heart was gladdened to glimpse this picture; and yes, to read (above) that your circumstance has been resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful way for me to end my day with your lovely words and glorious picture..Thank you so much for sharing...
    Have a Happy Sunlit Sunday.
    hugs from Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dayle, what a beautiful photo! Isn't it amazing what we can do with PHONES now days??!! That looks award-winning to me! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a beautiful photo, and I love to think of it as a post-it from God!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've captured an exceptional photo of tranquility. Cameras are on everything these days, aren't they? For a first time effort with your phone, it turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done!!! It's absolutely exquisite! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dayle, What a beautiful post-it from God. I'm glad you were able to capture it and share it with us.
    Thank you for visiting my winter sunshine and your sweet comment.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous picture from a God who knows our every need...and wish. Hugs to you today, twin sister. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Powerful words from Isaiah. Just what I needed to be reminded of before another week begins. Thank you for this encouraging post.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love to see the sunrise which is what I am doing now. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree, a lovely "Good morning" from our creator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Dayle, it is just beautiful, and I read that post it note loud and clear. I love that passage of scripture too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely post.
    I love the idea of a post-it from God.

    Thank you,
    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for this:
    You may be in the midst of a trial, dear child of mine, but I’m still here, and blessings still abound.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle