Saturday, April 21, 2012

He Goes With Me ~ Think on These Things

One of my Christmas presents from my daughter and son-in-law was this beautiful travel journal. I love journaling during our travels and especially enjoy reading the various quotes and passages of Scripture pertaining to travel that are scattered through the pages of this particular journal. The Scripture on the front (from Joshua 1:9) is one of my favorites: “For the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Through the years, our travels have taken us many places. And so has the road of life. Winding roads, with no place to get off. Blind curves, and no way to see around them. There have been high places, and then the depths of despair.

But through it all—in good times and bad—I've had one constant companion. I can't live a day without Him.

***

Thinking on these things and linking up with Lorraine’s beautiful blog series.



15 comments:

  1. Yes wherever we may roam, we can trust that He is with us! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a comfort to know that the Lord is with us always. Visiting with you via LDH's blog. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayle, what a perfect verse for your travel journal. Thanks for sharing this. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. The verse is perfect for any traveler. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter sure knows you. A perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the thoughts here, and that verse. I take sooo much comfort in knowing that He is ALWAYS there, ALWAYS with me, forever to be counted on no matter where I find myself. Your right, can't live a day without Him! Have a wonderful Sunday! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although we may not know what's around the corner, what a comfortit is that he does, so thankful he is with me no matter what road I travel. Visiting from LDH blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the most wonderful things about Think on These Things are the blessings to me personally from those that link up. It is so wonderful to read this verse again. I am printing it out and sticking to the fridge to read over and over this week. After all these years I have stacked up, I can echo with your winding roads sentiments. So thankful that the Lord has always been with me even during the times I felt all alone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so inspiring and breath-taking to look back and know without a doubt that He had His Hand in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a comforting post. Thanks for the reminder that He is always with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a perfect verse for me and my husband as we settle into this new home, for He truly is with us wherever we go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And thank God that you (we) never ever HAVE to live a day without Him.
    I love that verse too. In fact, I love the entire book of Joshua. Of all the Bible studies I've ever taught, my favorite was a year spent in the book of Joshua.

    I also wanted to tell you that I enjoyed your Week in Review post below. I know you're so happy to be home again. And oh please... kind that little thing could have EVER forgotten you! Perish the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I needed to read this thank you. So happy to be here visiting you again, I have enjoyed catching up on all your wonderful posts, Hope you have a great day my friend.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always inspire me...I love to journal, too!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle