Thursday, April 26, 2012

One Fine Day

She arrives, wearing these.

She toddles into the office all smiles, as if to say,
"Hey, Uncle Stan, look who's here!"


Playing in Uncle Stan's truck is so much fun.


A stroll around the cul-de-sac and she's all smiles.


Back inside, she gazes out the window, offering her own brand of commentary on everything that's going on.

She doesn't miss a thing.


At my request, she brought her swimsuit.
Uncle Stan tries to coax her into the sprinkler.


It was a new idea, but she was open to it.
At least once.


Even Diesel was open to new ideas.


Then it was time to find a dry spot and just relax

... in the grass

... me and my sugar plum

... on this fine day.


***


After my last post about the blog blahs (and reading your encouraging responses), I feel it's time to shift gears and party like a rock star (not sure what that means but it sounds good), so I'm partying at the following places:






12 comments:

  1. What can I say?
    It's like the rest of the world just disappeared for a moment to say, "Ahhhh...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there's no doubt about it - she is a sweetie and you're a lucky auntie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delightful blog
    you have here

    and that little niece 'o yours
    is a cutie
    for sure

    thanks so much
    for stopping by Stuff and Nonsense
    and joining in Fridays Unfolded

    i am gladly following you!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dayle - She is just darling! I love that age when everything is all new to them. She is a real cutie pie! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it wonderful that there is enough sugar plum to go around? I love that last picture the best. There's just something adorable about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dayle,
    what a lovely day with your 'sugar plum'.
    She is gorgeous and I love the footwear she's wearing.
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Babies" always warm my heart.
    Those toes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If she can't make you smile, nothing can. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those feet in those shoes. Oh be still my heart. And the dog is cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is a doll! I know she slept well after such a fun day filled with new surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that last shot... downright precious!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle