Friday, April 20, 2012

The Week in Review

"Though I have seen the oceans and mountains, though I have read great books and seen great works of art, there is nothing greater or more beautiful than those people I love.” Christopher de Vink

Highlights of the Week

Monday ~ Seeing my sweet and wonderful daughter, jumping up and down, smiling from ear-to-ear, while standing in our front yard to welcome us home on Monday. (I didn’t get a photo, but trust me, she was a beauty.)

***

One of the pains of leaving home, to a gardener (if I dare call myself that), is having to forsake the land, shall we say. But what a pleasant surprise to find my cape plumbago in full bloom in the backyard. I brought some inside.

***

Tuesday ~ Dinner alfresco with twin sister. I love catching up. (Pardon me, but I took a bite of my favorite panini before taking the photo.)

***

Wednesday ~ Keeping sugar plum and, and hearing her say, “Aunt Dayle,” for the first time. My heart just about busted. During my long trip, we kept in touch via text messages (thanks to her sweet mom), but I was worried she would forget me. When she saw me on Wednesday, she kicked her little feet, while her mom got her out of the car seat, and grinned from ear-to-ear, reaching for me. Her first word out of the car was, “Ball?” Oh, that baby loves balls.

***

Watching my adorable step-grandson play T-ball. He’s the best player out there (of course) and a little athlete already.

***

Thursday ~ Dinner at big sis and brother-in-law’s place. So glad they are back living in the city.

***

Friday ~ Completing the unloading of Cloud Nine, and The Man getting it washed and back in storage just before the rain came in. Oh, joy!

***

 
It’s good to be back in the neighborhood. I look forward to visiting with you, my blogging friends.

***


8 comments:

  1. Welcome Home!
    Catching up if fun to do on both ends of the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Sounds like you had a great homecoming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww, that's great you are back safe and sound, Dayle. I know you had a wonderful trip but also know how great it must feel to be back blessedly HOME. Take care and have a peaceful weekend. HOME SWEET HOME. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter how wonderful the holiday, how interesting the journey or exciting the experience coming home is still the best part of a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home! Ever'body missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dayle, Welcome home.....
    Glad you had a good trip
    How special that 'sugar plum' said your name for the first time..to you.
    I have a plumbago hedge and I love the flowers.
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, hearing the words "Aunt Dayle" the first time had to be tonic for your heart. That lunch on Tuesday looks delicious! I love paninis (and need to get a panini press!). I'm so excited about our upcoming trip, but I know that the best part will be returning back home ... to the people I love best of all. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle