Friday, June 15, 2012

The Latest


I’ve been told you’ll never be a “successful” blogger if you don’t blog regularly. Since it’s been a whopping 10 days since my last appearance in blogland, I guess that puts me in the “not-so-successful” category, but who’s keeping score? Not me, that’s for sure.

The reasons for my being MIA range from my desktop PC passed away (it seriously did), to you-wouldn’t-believe-it-if-I-told-you. So, let’s just leave it at that and pick up where we left off, shall we?

The death of the desktop was not unexpected. I've been through computer deaths before and knew the signs. Problem is, I kept ignoring them. And then, we had a couple of power outages, back-to-back. Seems the motherboard got fried at some point, even though I have surge protectors. Perhaps it was just the desktop's time to go.

The good news is the hard-drive was saved, but I've learned to keep my stuff backed up anyway, for the most part. There may be a few files and photos on there that I will retrieve, at some point, but I haven’t even started my hunt for the next machine. For now, I’m using the laptop.

I’m happy to announce the book giveaway drawing took place on the appointed date, the winners have been notified, and the books were put in the mail yesterday. I apologize for being slow with getting this sorted out. The winners were:

Mary (Corners of my Life)
Debbie (Words on Wheels)
Lenea (non-blogger)
Dean (non-blogger)
Gail (Gail-Friends)

Thanks to all of you who entered. I am honored and humbled to call you friends.

I hope to be blogging a little more in the coming days, but, if I continue being not-so-successful, you’ll know my attention has been captured elsewhere. Sometimes, you just have to live your life, instead of blogging about it. Such has been the case.

I told The Man just recently, "We’re going to have to leave town, in order to get some rest." Perhaps we will do just that.

Hugs to all my blogging peeps. I think of you often, and keep you in my prayers.

Until next time, press on!


10 comments:

  1. Thank you once again for the wonderful book! Now I will have evidence of my claim to fame to prove I'm not telling a story.

    I found/still find with myself that I have to live before I can blog. Sometimes the living is easy, and sometimes it's really hard, but I have to live nonetheless. I understand what you're saying.

    I miss you when you're away. Just thought I should make sure you knew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all!

    Just got through printing off the seven step of grief. Very interesting.
    Funny how grief can be about anything, not just people.

    Ten days is a long time for the blogging world. In the real world isn't not that long. Glad you have your lap top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners!
    Glad to hear you and your family are OK, Dayle!
    Sounds like you're priorities are "just right" -- no worries, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you said 'living your life instead of blogging about it' :) This spring has been so very busy, that is exactly where I am.

    It is so nice when you pop in for a quick up-date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dayle- Isn't it hard to believe that real life gets in the way of blogging?:>) It seems you have been a busy gal. When we go on vacation we have to come home to rest- lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dayle...Oh, I was happy to see your post. Even if you posted just once a year, I'd be thrilled to see your post and would go right to it! This IS a busy season, that's for sure. Take care, Dayle, and know that your blogger peeps, (or at least this one), love your writing and will always be happy to see your posts, no matter how infrequently. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dayle,
    Living life instead of blogging about it? I learned about that during the last six months of surgeries, radiation, tests and more tests...
    I also mourn for that life that was before and can be no more but I am so grateful to God for the life that is ahead of me and I plan to live it to the fullest. I will be here to read your posts whenever I can. You can be sure of that!

    L,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear from you again! Yes, take that trip and get some rest. I know it's time to live life and not document it when someone says, "Can we just enjoy this without pictures?" Such is the mindset nowadays. Just live it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dayle,
    I'm glad you're living life and not just blogging.
    I look forward to your posts no matter how far apart.
    Have a good week
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Mary at (Corners of my Life)" is pretty darn excited to own this book. Will be posting a blog about it in my queue soon.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle