Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Getaway


Just when I had control of my diet, this.

A few weeks ago, I told The Man we were going to have to leave town, in order to get some rest. Life has come at us nonstop since we returned from our spring trip the last week of April.

So ... Cloud Nine left the depot a few days ago and rolled down to the Alamo City, one of our favorite destinations. I'm glad you don't have to go far to get away.

The week started with rain and thunderstorms, but we have sunny blue skies today.

The eating is always good here, and we may have to widen Cloud Nine's door by Sunday, but I will attempt to put the brakes on, right after that cheesy enchilada. Yes, indeedy.

I hope you're finding beauty in whatever your day brings.

***


13 comments:

  1. There's no place better for Mexican food than San Antonio! We had heard there was flooding there. I hope you have a wonderful time. We always do a lot of walking...burns off all of those cheesy calories! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay sane. That looks like the exact spot we had a few years ago when life had hit me in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayle-I am so glad you are having a good time. Every once in a while we just pile in the car and take off for ports unknown. It really relaxes me. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY, Dayle. Yumma yumma yum yum YUM. THAT looked scrumptuous. Oh, I'd devour every fat-dripping morsel! Hope you enjoyed every single nibble! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely thing to do for yourselves. It has been a long time since I was along that river-walk, but I remember its beauty. I hope your break restores you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were just talking about that very city on our walk yesterday. All three of us have it on our places we most want to visit list. My niece was just there last week for a sales meeting, in fact. Loved it.

    I hope you two are resting up and figuratively, as well as literally, on cloud nine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been there in awhile ~ glad you're enjoying! The food looks delish & yes, it's always tasty isn't it?

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a lovely place to go! Have a wonderful time! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dayle,
    Glad you are enjoying your trip.
    That enchilada looks so appetising I don't think I could resist it.
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  10. who could keep their diet with that yummy food. not me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh looks like such a wonderful trip. Love San Antonio myself but haven't been there in years. Have a restful trip.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle