Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Opening of Rosy Revival


Edited 2013: 

Since the publishing of this post, Rosy Revival has a bigger and better home in Old Town Spring.
For details, click on this link.


Saturday was a grand day in the neighborhood. My niece, Shelaine, and her husband, Shawn (that would be sugar plum's parents), just opened up their own little shop, Rosy Revival, in a charming area called Old Town Spring, which just happens to be a skip and a hop from my front door.

It all began as a hobby a few months ago when Shelaine started painting and refinishing vintage furniture, using the very popular chalk paint. She discovered she loved doing it and one thing led to another.

In time, and after prayer, a few miracles, they were able to acquire a building to help bring their dream to fruition.

What started as a little beige building, with nothing in it ...

... soon took on a whole new personality.  

Rosy Revival was born and is now opened for business.

In addition to selling painted/distressed/refinished furniture pieces, at affordable prices, Rosy Revival sells CeCe Caldwell's paint (an amazing product) and the shop is listed as an authorized retailer on the company's website.

Rosy Revival also sells antiques, vintage accessories, home decor, and a few random and unexpected items, like handbags, watches, and hair accessories. In addition, Shelaine also takes custom orders, if you have an existing piece of furniture that you would like painted.

Here's a look around the place. Enjoy!









And now ... some of the furniture, up close and personal.


This would make a gorgeous sofa table or credenza.


I can imagine this being used as a dressing table, or as a desk. Either way, I love it! (The stool doesn't go with it, but it's so cute, don't you think?)


This end-table is magnificent in person.
It has a velvet lined drawer and a glass top.

I love this chest-of-drawers.

One of my favorite pieces in the shop can simply be described as "enchanting." We figured out that the drawers are labeled with botanical terms. It would make a lovely addition to any room in the house.

Of course, I think it's even more "enchanting" with sugar plum perched on top of it. Don't you agree?

This gorgeous hutch (refinished by Shelaine) is filled with CeCe Caldwell's paints.



***
  
If you're ever in the Houston area, you must visit Old Town Spring. It is a landmark village. Charming shops and eateries line the streets, bringing with them a nostalgic feel of days gone by.

Rosy Revival is located in Doering Court, at 211G Midway Street, Spring, Texas. You can also find them on Facebook (Rosy Revival), and a website is in the works. You know I will keep you up-to-date on the latest happenings.

Speaking of Facebook, Rosy Revival is having a paint giveaway this week! Details will be on their Facebook page, so be sure and check that out.

***
I don't usually link up to a whopping amount of blog parties, but I'm making an exception for Rosy Revival's opening.
This week, I will be joining the following parties:
Metamorphosis Monday at between Naps on the Porch
Tuesdays Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Cowgirl Up Tuesdays at Cedar Hill Ranch
From Dream to Reality at The D.I.Y. Dreamer
Time to Shine Party at A Diamond in the Stuff
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Uncommonly Yours Link Party at Uncommon Design
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle Into Summer at DIY by Design
PrimpYour Stuff Wednesday at {Primp}
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
ThursdaysAre Your Days at 52 Mantels
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Inspiration Friday at The Picket Fence
Home Sweet Home Party at The Charm of Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground

30 comments:

  1. Good luck to Shelaine on this new endeavor! She does lovely work - I'll bet that the challenge will be to keep up with the demand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm reading through this post just kind of oooohing and ahhhhhing in my head over every little thing and thinking how talented she is. Then, I get to the Sugar Plum perched with THAT FACE on the enchanting piece and just crinkled up all over. She's so cute to me.

    And the shop is wonderful. I would most definitely want to stop there if I were in the area. I hope the floodgates just open for her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! I'll take the chest if Sugar Plum is included! You know Nora would probably take those sandals off of her feet and claim them without a second thought. She's a shoe girl who starts requesting "sues" everytime we enter a store. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you stumble on your talent and passion, then make it you career, perfection happens.
    Congratulations and blessings Shelaine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelaine is living my dream. That's something I've wanted to do for quite some time. I'm so happy for her and Shawn. She is talented for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for them I am speechless.

    What an adorable shop and family- you must be so danged proud of them.

    Your sugar plum is so sweet and huggable my eyes welled up with tears just looking at her sweet face.

    I wish you them the best success, what a dream come true!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how glad I am that shop is NOT a hop, skip and jump from my front door! Ha... Everything in that shop would be IN MY HOUSE! Love x 18! So excited for your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dayle, what an absolutely delightful and charming shop! Oh my! Lots of color and great things. I sure wish your niece and her hubs the very, very BEST in running it. Sounds great. And Sugarplum? Doll, doll, doll. Thanks for sharing! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds wonderful, and I will definitely need to check it out the next time I'm in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this makes me want to pop right over and touch n' feel n' drool! Meanwhile, I'll have to be content to wait on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and colorful transformation. Best of luck to them. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there! I had a booth in Old Town Spring that I recently closed, love it out there! I'll definitely be visiting very soon! Looks adorable!!!

    ♥Linsey in Houston

    ReplyDelete
  13. Came over from a comment on my post, Dayle. What a delight! This little shop is so well-merchandised with an assortment of eye candy that will draw folks in to shop. Shelaine is very talented. I am sending blessings her way as she and her family embark on this journey!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    P.S. That photo of Sugar Plum on the turquoise chest should be a shop logo! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice post thanks for sharing...looking for to visit more blessings from arnhem

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your niece has such a cute shop! Wishing her the best and lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So exciting for this sweet couple! The shop is so, so cute! I imagine it will be a delightful place and attract many. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to follow a dream!! It takes courage and an incredible amount of hard work. It is nice of you to show off their new adventure!! Wishing the best to Rosy Revival's success!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Dayle,
    Your niece's shop is beautiful.I wish her and her husband success in their business. I like the colours chosen to paint the furniture.....so pretty ...but not as pretty as Sugar Plum.
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATS to your niece!!!! I absolutely adore her little shop!!!

    I really hope you are planning on sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you link up this evening! :)

      Delete
  20. This is Melissa @ Daisy Mae Belle. It is so good to see dreams come true! The shop looks precious! I hope it all goes even better than planned! Life to the full to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks to all of you for your kind remarks and best wishes. It means so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a wonderful store! And sugarplum is beyond adorable! You always have such wonderful projects, ideas, & makeovers on your blog which just makes visiting that much more fun. I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can check out all the info on my blog. Congratulations!

    www.suttonsdaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck to niece in her new shop! It's an adorable looking place!

    Erin @ Carolina Country Living
    (visiting from Primp Your Stuff Wednesday)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun shop!! Congrats to them. I wish I lived close enough to pay a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a blessing! To find something you love and to be able to make a go at a living at it is a Delight! This shop is so cute! I love the furniture, the colors and the display arrangement of the store - the name is wonderful and it looks great in that sweet little village! Hooray for her! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle