Sunday, August 26, 2012

Scenes from a Blessed Life

Yesterday was a fun-filled day spent with my precious sisters, shopping, eating, laughing. We can get pretty boisterous whenever we get together, as this impromptu Kodak moment reveals. In the words of Pam Brown, “It's hard to be responsible, adult and sensible all the time. How good it is to have a sister whose heart is as young as your own.” We decided ahead of time to wear our cowboy hats, and I was the only one without my boots on. (I have every kind of boot in my closet, except cowboy boots, and I've been a Texan since 1969.) I must remedy this situation and can see more shopping in my future. Woo-Hoo!


***

I had an eye doctor’s appointment this week and enjoyed the pleasure of sugar plum’s company in the waiting room. She charmed everyone there, as you can just imagine.

***

Most of the week found me hot and sweaty and decorated with dirt.  That’s what happens when you’re in the process of prepping a flowerbed for some plant installations.

My dear twin sister has hired me to create a little oasis area in her backyard. I’m not anywhere near qualified for the job, as I garden by the seat of my pants. Having said that, I think it’s going to be really pretty, and something that she will enjoy in the cooler months that, hopefully, aren’t far away. I will share before and after photos later; there’s still a ways to go. (Can you stand another photo of sugar plum? We recently took her with us to the garden center for a bit of browsing).

***

More happy news for Rosy Revival this week. A reporter for our local FOX channel read the recent write-up in the newspaper about the shop and came out to shoot a tutorial for a Saturday morning DIY show. I tagged along and took some photographs. It was quite an exciting experience. The segment aired yesterday and I’m sure there will be more about this on Rosy Revival’s blog and Facebook page.

***

Well, dear friends, that about wraps up my week. I hope you enjoyed a pleasant one, without too many worries. 

Until we meet here again, keep the faith.



16 comments:

  1. You young ladies are beautiful.Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks to have been a lovely week - family and plants, laughter, a little shopping and that adorable grand niece - all the best ingredients for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy and wonderful week you had. Love the picture of you with your sisters and that little one is SOOO precious. I was planning on prepping a flower bed here today but it is pouring...dodged the bullet!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had an exciting week! And how cute you and your sisters look with your cute outfits...a bit of Texas style! But you have GOT to get some cowboy boots girlfriend! HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gals look like an advertisement for Macy's! I can tell y'all were having just too much fun! I didn't know you were a twin. How neat! Good luck on the plant installation that you're planning. Sounds like fun.....sort of. You know what I mean. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a trio! I agree, Macy's should use this picture in their next ad campaign!
    Thanks for sharing these bits n' pieces of your sweet week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great picture of you Girls in Hats.
    Cute, cute, cute. I can almost hear the laughter.

    Congratulations to your niece & hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always good to catch up with sisters, I am go to visit mine in November she lives far away so I don't see her very often. Little sugar plum is very cute how did she get that name it suits her.
    Merle...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should read my comments back before I publish I just read that one I left the ing off going sorry about that, it's early in the morning I think I am still asleep.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sister time with BOTH sisters? I am having a hard time thinking of any more fun way to spend the afternoon. When I read about your adventures with Sugar Plum, I am always reminded of the joy that my oldest niece brought to our family when she first came into our lives. I so look forward to the day when, I get to be a great aunt and do it all over again.

    (As I tell her: I am a "great" aunt. I can't wait until I have the official title. )

    Can I also tell you how happy I am that I see joy coming from your corner of blog land more and more lately? I have prayed for you all, you know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayers are always needed and so appreciated, and it's wonderful having a prayer buddy like you. Prayer changes things!

      Being a great-aunt is amazing. You'll make a great one!

      Delete
  11. Random, unnecessary commas in my comment. I do not know what gremlin was typing. Good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dayle,
    Having a 'sister get together' is something special.
    I really enjoy the times both my sisters and I can be together...it doesn't happen often enough.
    There can never be too many photos of your gorgeous Sugar Plum!!
    Looking forward to garden pics.
    Have a good week
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a pleasant week indeed.
    It really is all about the simple things.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle