Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Inside and Outside ~ Autumn has Arrived

When it comes to decorating, whatever the season may be, I'm a simple kind of gal. Give me plain Jane and I'm a happy camper. I'm not much into frills and voluminous things. It's just not me. So, without further ado, here's the fall decor in all of its non-voluminous glory.


The mantel got a little tweaking this year. 


To be honest, I opened my "fall" box and just stuck whatever came out first up there.







The old blanket chest holds pieces of the past.


Speaking of the past, this family photo (taken by my twin sister) always finds a home on the wall in autumn. 
I remember this autumn day so well.


The foyer could have used a bit more attention, but it suits me fine.


The framed leaves on this shelf have a very special meaning. They warm my heart every time I see them. 
I blogged about it here.


For some reason, I find a berry wreath to be quite charming.


My favorite candle of the season, pumpkin spice, adorns the drop-leaf table.


Even the photo basket got dressed up with a pine cone from the front yard.
(Yep, that would be me and twin sister, with big sister in the foreground.)


Ah, the golden hues of fall. 

What's not to love?




Until next time, sweet friends, press on.

***

I'm partying with the following gals:




13 comments:

  1. All your Fall touches are just perfect! Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you decorated for fall. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall decorating is so warm & welcoming! Everything looks wonderful!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dayle. I think your fall decor is beautiful! Everything truly looks lovely. Loved the story of the autumn leaves from your sweet girl. She was quite adorable as a little girl and I'm sure she's the same as a "big" girl! That photo of you, your love and little girl is darling, too. Oh, don't you love Eva Cassidy's voice? What a gift to the world she left with her songs. Take care, Dayle. Hope you have a nice Tuesday. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may be simple...but its beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply lovely, twin sister. Ditto on "voluminous" things, although I CAN get a little "busy." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dayle,
    I think my decorating style is much like yours simple and natural.
    At any rate yours looks lovely and festive and cozy and homey.
    Loved the story about the leaves and the song by that lady about
    Autumn leaves is indeed touching..........hope your daughter does not
    live too far away from you.

    Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying every minute of this lovely season...........I am doing my best!!

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. As soon as I've typed this comment I'm going to get right up and put the fall wreath on the door. I don't put out a lot of fall decor, but a wreath is a 'must have'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your fall changes look wonderful. So warm and cozy... too bad we're still having 90's outside, huh?
    I haven't even started decorating for fall ...because of it. We swam in the pool yesterday...it was nice! I love that metal basket with old photos in it. I almost bought a bag full of old photos today at the thrift store.
    ...Pat, via Tweak it Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and sweet is always best. Love you autumn decor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes, I've not even begun! I, too, prefer the simple approach ... less is definitely more! ... and yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your simplicity for this Fall is perfect! Just enough to warm up your rooms for the season.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inspiring and beautiful images to celebrate autumn. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle