Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Birthday, Twin Sister



It's impossible to celebrate my twin sister's birthday, without mentioning my own, so let me just say, today is our birthday! (Didn't we just have a birthday? Oh my ...)

I'd like to invite you to hop over to Gayle's blog and read the wonderful essay she wrote about what it means to be an identical twin. This story encompasses what our life has been like all these years.

***

This time last year, Gayle and I were high on a mountain top in the Great Smoky Mountains, having way too much fun, but this year we kept it low-key.

On Friday, my sweet family gathered at my niece and her husband's beautiful home for a birthday dinner of homemade hamburgers (and cheesecake), one of my favorite meals. I was missing The Man, but he's away for the weekend with his siblings.


Today, Gayle and I are enjoying a day together with food and lots of laughter, as always.

We know one another's faults, virtues, catastrophes, mortifications, triumphs, rivalries, desires, and how long we can each hang by our hands to a bar.  We have been banded together under pack codes and tribal laws.  ~ Rose Macaulay


***







13 comments:

  1. Hi Dayle, wishing you and your twin sister a very Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a wonderful celebration. Thanks for sharing............

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the two of you - everything shared is more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! You are two beautiful ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to the both of you! :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh my goodness!! You are both so very blessed to have a soul mate that looks like yourself! As I told you sister- Ya'll are very lucky to have each other and that you also cherish each other!!
    Happy birthday and God Bless you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Dayle. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND YOUR SISTER. How wonderful you have a close and loving relationship. I hope your new year of life will be fabulous! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. You beauties have Precious Moments eyes! I just love 'em! You're both gorgeous! A very happy birthday to you girls! mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've written such a sweet post. There's nothing like a close, loving relationship between sisters. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to 2 wonderful ladies!! Love you both!!! Womb mates are the VERY best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to both of you, hope you had a wonderful day.
    Merle....

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to have missed your birthday ...
    Hope your "day after" was just as heartwarming, so Happy Belated!
    PS - Love that olden photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just left Gayle's place and saw that I missed not one but TWO birthday greeting opportunities. I know I'm late, but I came here to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to all of my dear blogging friends for your birthday wishes, from my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle