Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Postcards from the Road ~ Autumn Travels


Cloud Nine left the depot Sunday morning. 

After spending a stormy night in the parking lot of the lovely Arkansas Welcome Center, we made it to Branson, Missouri yesterday around noon. Branson is a place we've visited a number of times over the years and always enjoy.

Although a lot of the foliage is gone, we were glad to see that autumn is still hanging on in places. If you look closely, that is yours truly standing under the tree.

The temperatures are nothing less than winter for this Southern belle. Last night, it got to 24-degrees. BRRRR!

We will take in a few shows while we're here, then start making our way home for Thanksgiving.

In case I'm scarce getting around in blogland this week, you now know why.

Here's wishing you all a terrific week, wherever it may find you.

***


8 comments:

  1. Have a lovely trip, Dayle. Take lots of photos! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we travelled from central Mizzou to St. Louis, the leaves were positively spectacular on both the trees and shrubs. Mmm. I hope your afforded the breathtaking opportunities!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Previous comments... TYPO... and I'm just excited I was able to comment via my iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Branson. Went to high school not far from there. Autumn sure was beautiful in the Ozarks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dayle....Best wishes for a lovely holiday. I'm glad there's some Autumn left.Those trees are amazing.Such wonderful colour. Enjoy!!
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Missouri adventure? Sounds just perfect for this time of year! I hope you have a wonderful time.

    And wasn't the blue sky just gorgeous over the trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am visiting Seattle at the moment from New Zealand and am just loving the color of the autumn leaves here. It was a lovely surprise to ready your blog and to see what you had captured by way of autumn glory as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traveling always has it's adventures! I love the beautiful color you captured in your photos. I was born and raised in Arkansas so it's fun to read this post! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle