Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012 in Pictures

It was a very Merry Christmas at Mom and Dad’s place. Daddy is never happier than when he’s surrounded by his family, and, except for my son-in-law, they were all there. 

We ate, we laughed, we played games, and we all were entertained by sugar plum. She’s our only little one for the moment, and what a blast we had with her this year. 

As for food, it doesn’t get any better. Mother may not have the most modern stove (it’s harvest gold, if that tells you anything), but the dishes it has cranked out through the years could win blue ribbons. 

Speaking of modern, everything about my parents’ home could use a major upgrade, but the memories that have been made in and around that house, over the last four decades, are priceless. 

Here are a few of my favorite images.

Christmas Eve, Mom and Dad exchanging gifts.

Christmas Day, three sisters and a niece strike a pose.

One sugar plum to steal your heart.

Family gathered around Daddy. This is the chair where he spends most of his days now, except for when he's having a rehab session, or eating, or playing Dominoes. He is so anxious to walk again. We pray for that end.

Sugar plum opening her gift from my sweet daughter.
A Minnie Mouse kitchen. (She's in love with all things Minnie Mouse.)

Her nana and papa got her this adorable stroller and doll.

Three sisters had one daughter each. They're all classic beauties ~ the cousins.

~~~

Taking a few photos outdoors is a yearly tradition. This is sugar plum with her nana (my big sis) and papa.

Thankfully, the rainstorm came through the night before, instead of Christmas Day. Water was standing everywhere, but we were grateful for sunshine. This is a favorite shot of sugar plum with her papa.

Sugar plum loved running with The Man. 
She calls him Unctan (her version of Uncle Stan.) 
I think it's clear who's pulling who here.

The Man and I with our beautiful daughter. She's just as beautiful inside as she is outside, if I may say so.

Me and my gorgeous niece, Leslie. She is the daughter of my twin sister and I love her dearly.

Sugar plum took turns being passed around.

Twin sis and her lovely daughter.

As the afternoon wound down, we had a little fun decorating sugar plum's head with ribbon and ornaments. 
She was all in.

As was my niece, who actually started the whole bow-on-the-head tradition many years ago. It's just not Christmas until she's had a bow on her head.

***

There was a changing of the guard this morning. Big sis will stay a few days with Mom and Dad, which means The Man and I are home for a short while, enjoying wrapping ourselves in the familiar, yet finding it oddly new again.

That's it from here for now. Until next time, I trust you all had a wonderful Christmas, surrounded by the people you love.

***


14 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaack! I love all the photos... and Unctan's shirt is all-Christmas!

    Amen: You're daughter's beautiful!

    *hugs*
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a blast together. Beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar Plum looks to be at that perfect age - so much fun! Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your family is precious. I love that darling little girl. She has grown so much this year. Don't they just make Christmas that much more special and blessed. I am so glad you still have your folks and you are all together. Nothing more important than that. I always miss my folks the most at Christmas. My mom had a gold stove until the end too. Never fancy, but their house was the center of our family and a lot like your parent's house I am sure. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the pictures! Looks like a wonderful Christmas! Sugar Plum is such a little doll, and all of your daughters are just gorgeous! So glad your dad is doing well, and I will continue to pray for his complete and speedy recovery. Rest up on your break! Thank you so much for all your prayers ~ I appreciate it so! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your Christmas moments.
    Your dad is looking well and so is your mother, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely family you all look very happy and sugar plum is very sweet.
    Merle...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your Christmas...what a wonderful family and time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Dear Dayle.....It all sounded wonderful. So happy you had a blessed Christmas. It's been terrific here, too, with many happy gatherings.

    Sugar Plum is the sweetest of all! Thanks for sharing. Continued blessings to you. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas your family. May the new year be full more wonderful family gathering with your day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are such beautiful memories...adorable too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you mention no dishwasher in that out-of-date kitchen? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't, and no garbage disposal either. Definitely worth mentioning. :)

      Delete
  13. Hi Dayle! Blessings to you and yours this Christmas and fast approaching new year! Been away from my computer and Blogland since Thanksgiving - buried in busy - but finally catching up today with a post and blog reading tonight! I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad! I hope he is mending well and will be walking about soon and back to his own bit of busy! My Dad is 85, too, and is very active also - I could identify with your concerns.

    Be ye blessed in His goodness and beauty this year - you have quite your fill already with your lovely family!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle