Saturday, December 8, 2012

Daddy's Home!

My Christmas wish came true. After 16 days—which included two surgeries and a week of rehab—my precious father is now back at his beloved home. What a glorious day, and an answer to the prayers of all those who've been praying for him around the country, thanks to the wonder of blogging and Facebook.

Now begins the next phase of Daddy’s long road to recovery—that of being patient and not putting weight on his left foot for at least two months, probably three. He will continue to have rehab three times a week (in-house), and will be returning to the surgeon’s office for follow-up visits.
The Man and I (and Diesel, of course) are going to be here a lot, but we plan to skedaddle home from time to time to take care of business matters and such. Our sweet daughter will help hold down the fort on the homefront in our absence.

My parents don’t have Internet service, so I expect to become a frequent patron at McDonald’s, or wherever the wi-fi hotspots can be found in the city of my youth. I’ve really missed visiting with you, my friends in blogland, seeing what you're up to this Christmas season. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I hope to get by to visit soon. I really mean that.

One day at a time is still the theme around here. Thanks again for your continued prayers. They are needed and appreciated.
***

19 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm SOOO happy for you all! More prayers and hugs coming your way. Three months will go by fast! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you and the family. I am so glad he is home! I am caring for my dear sweet Mama and would love prayer. until 2 months ago she was happy and healthy. Things happen fast sometimes. Now she is completely dependent on us for everything Cancer has made an appearance and taking it's toll so quickly. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and am excited your Daddy is home!
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad he's home, Dayle! Prayers answered. That picture is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad for you, that your Father was able to come home. Pray that all continues to go well. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So grateful that your daddy is home where he belongs, and will be believing for a speedy recovery. Christmas blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. god Bless your Dad and you all as well! You're lucky to be able to be there for him. God Speed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO happy to see this, Dayle! May each new day bring more healing and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh praise God I am sooo glad he is home. I will continue to pray for a full and speedy recovery. So glad you are able to be near and help out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Dayle, that is a WONDERFUL Christmas gift, to have your Daddy home. Can't beat that one.

    You know what? I left a comment on a Christmas tree post but it MIGHT have been from another year. Honestly, I didn't look at the year.

    Anyway, SOOOOO happy he is home and recuperating. Take good care and hugs to all, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news - a Christmas Blessing.
    How lucky your parents are to have you for support through this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PTL!! I'm excited for this step. Home is the best place for healing, in my opinion, and family is the best nurse of all. I'm so glad he is able to have therapy at home and that you not only get help but get to be there to help too. I'm so glad for you girls and especially your mom.

    I will continue to pray that he is the poster child of God's healing hands. No one but God knows just what he has planned for your dad. I have no doubt that He is capable of amazes us all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear you're dad is home! How blessed your parents are to have you there helping them out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He was in the hospital a long time!
    Home Sweet Home... glad he is there.
    Family is so important.
    You have proven that over and over. Along with the rest of your family.

    Sending love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad your dad is home again and on the road to recovery.
    Merle.......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dayle,
    I stopped by to see how your Dad was doing and am so glad that he is home and able to do rehab with family around him. I know what you mean when you say it is a privilege to serve your Dad. When my Mom and Dad were in the early stages of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's I was able to be with them and help them in their home. It is an amazing feeling of pure love to be able to give back a little of what they gave to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am just new here but I browsed all I found it this page. I can sense that you are a nice woman.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to see you got your Christmas wish! Praying for strength and full healing for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy for you...great to have Dad home again

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle