Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Bubbly Kind Of Day


The Man and I left my parents' place on Tuesday afternoon to come spend a few days taking care of business at home. Even though everything here needs a good dusting and cleaning, there's just no place like home.


Yesterday, the first (and only) order of business was seeing my sugar plum (my grand-niece, to those who may be new here). She fills my heart with warmth and makes me smile from ear-to-ear. I miss her something terrible whenever I'm away from home. She came carrying her beloved Minnie Mouse. 

It was a cold day in Southeast Texas, but we bundled up and broke out the bubbles, and, oh, what fun we had.




How I wish the pics came with sound. Hearing her little voice is one of my favorite things in the world. Every time the bubbles floated across the yard, she'd yell out, "I got it!" and take off.

She is growing so quickly and I'm squeezing as much goodness out of these small years as I possibly can.

One of the funniest pictures of the day was none other than The Man, although, he wasn't trying to be funny.

I declare it looks like he's smoking more than bubbles here. I laughed out loud when I uploaded this one.


I'm never quite ready for sugar plum to leave, but when her mom called to say she was on her way, we sat at the front door and watched for the vehicle to round the corner. I wish there was a way to put a lid on this kid ... just for another year or two. I love her more than words.

***

Mom and Dad are doing well and we are thankful to our friends who have prayed for them, and for us all. Your kind words mean more than I can express. While we have a ways to go, we're grateful for how far we've come.

Until next time, thanks for stopping by and keeping me company. You're always welcome here.





9 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! They're great and I love the one of Stan. There's nothing like a child to lift one's spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story warms my heart on these cold winter days! Happy your parents are progressing well and prayers continue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun...and yes... I was wondered what the man was smoking:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank heavens for blogging to journal {and always remember} a special day of bubble fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a sweet little kid, lovely pictures I wish you all the best hope you parents are 100% soon.
    Merle....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy pictures. Happy days. Glad all is going pretty good.
    p.s. Hubby does look like he has had some experience smoking ( something) heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning! Your right of course, she is just a little doll. Looked like a perfect, happy day! Enjoy your time at home. Glad your parents are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! I wish I could hear the sounds of these images, too.

    The Man is one smokin' hot bubble-blower! Whoa!

    Got your sugar plum fix. For now..............

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's so sweet. Nothing like that kind of sweetness to make your day!

    That is a hilarious bubble blowing picture!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle