Sunday, February 24, 2013

Take Time to be Still



It had been a long day—one of those that weighs heavy on your heart, leaving you out of gas and out of answers. (I know you know the kind I'm talking about.)

Through the window, the afternoon’s warmth beckoned, so The Man and I gave in and took a short drive to a quiet park that sits right along the river bank.

As we sat in silence, gazing out at the still waters, I snapped this photo and recalled my favorite chapter in the Bible, the 23rd Psalm, particularly this verse:

"He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul."

I’ve found there's a certain refreshing in stillness that simply can’t be found anywhere else. Whether it’s outdoors or indoors, I hope you will make time for stillness in your world. It may not sound like a big deal, but it can make a big difference in how you feel and how you cope.

Here’s wishing you a quiet and blessed Sunday.

***

Linking up with

Barbie for The Weekend Brew
Jennifer for Scripture and Snapshot



17 comments:

  1. Beautiful photography!
    Beautiful verse...God is so good!
    Beautiful way to spend time with your man!
    Hope your Sunday is full of peace and renewal...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Dayle. I have had a few of those days that lay heavy on my heart lately. This is a beautiful image here and one of my favorite psalms- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! Stopping by from Scripture & a Snapshot. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Grandmother's favorite verse! Lovely place to get away to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always find such comfort in the 23rd Psalm-. Beautiful verse, lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How good to take time to reflect. What a beautiful place to call on God.
    Peace be with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post ... and your photograph certainly captures the spirit of the 23rd Psalm. It caused my heart to take pause... xo Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place to sit still and reflect! Love the photo and the Bible verse, one of my favorites too.
    Have a Blessed Sunday.........

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you are so right, Dayle. So very, very right. It's important to "Be still and know that I am God."

    Thanks for the reminder. I need some quiet "God" time. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the third email I've opened that had a verse about being still and resting. :) {Okay, okay, God...I get the 'message'.} Thanks...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Psalm 23 is my favorite as well. God knows when we are spent and weary and faithfully leads us to that place of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely and peaceful--the perfect image for this psalm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the stillness--

    Prayers for you dear friend. I know this is not an easy time.

    Love,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find renewal in our joyful church services, and also in walking along the bay several times a week. I hope you are refreshed and renewed as you face the week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In this busy world we seem to be so intent on filling our space with noise, that we don't let the moments of silence in....

    Thanks for reminding us that we should.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know the kind of out of answers...but you turned to the right source...be still and wait upon the Lord

    ReplyDelete
  17. Funny you should write about this. After going and going for weeks now with very little rest, I am taking the day to just sit still. It won't be beside the STILL water since it's raining, but God knows just exactly how to keep me from trying to be productive when he wants me to produce the fruit of quietness instead.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle