Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Symphony of Skies

I'm happy to be linking up with Mary again, over at Little Red House, for her unique party. Each Thursday, she takes a single word and uses it as inspiration. Brilliant!

Today's word is sky. If you know me, even a little bit, you know I'm in love with all things skyward. Not only the sky itself, but every last thing in itmoon, stars, sun, clouds, planetsso today's party puts tingles in my hands and dancing in my feet. I can't wait to see what inspiration awaits from fellow-bloggers.

All of the photos here were taken by yours truly, and they are all right out of a Kodak camera, no editing. But, as you will see, the real artist is God.

Each photo carries a deep meaning for me and transports me back to the time and place, the where, the when, and the why. I hope these images inspire you to get out and explore God's great big skies.


Evening in Destin, Florida - 2009

Sunrise in Clark, New Jersey - 2008

Evening in Rock Springs, Wyoming - 2011

Sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean, Port St. Lucie, Florida - 2012

Evening in Williams, Arizona - 2010

Afternoon on Galveston Island, Texas - 2011

Early evening in Van Horn, Texas - 2011

 Somewhere between Beaumont and Houston, Texas - 2013

On the runway, waiting for take-off, headed to Dallas - 2002
(But that isn't a plane you see in the sky; that is the magnificent Venus.)

Sunrise over Lake Houston - 2012

A full moon in Lockhart, Texas - 2009

Sunrise in Destin, Florida - 2009

A full moon in Reno, Nevada - 2011

The magical "blue hour" in my backyard - 2009

Early morning in the Smoky Mountains - 2011

Sunset in Branson, Missouri - 2012


Sunrise on Galveston Island, Texas - 2012

The view from my father's hospital room, as a storm approached Beaumont, Texas - 2012

Sunrise on Interstate 10 - 2009
(It was our maiden voyage in Cloud Nine.)

Somewhere between Houston, Texas and Little Rock, Arkansas - 2012

Sunset over Madre Bay on South Padre Island, Texas - 2009

The magical "blue hour" in Mackinaw City, Michigan - 2010

Sunset over the Gulf of Mexico in Destin, Florida - 2009

Evening in my front yard - 2009


***




30 comments:

  1. Your photos are stunning! Wow. You and I think alike. :) Enjoy the day. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! Those are the most amazing sky photos I've seen all in one place. Absolutely amazing! I'm always looking skywards! Looking for any change or glimpse of color to capture. Have a wonderful day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a fabulous collection of sky photos--each one is absolutely stunning. I love moon shots so I was particularly drawn to those photos. You've visited some wonderful places!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I love the one between Texas ans Arkansas.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - amazing - each and every one. I could not pick a favorite. Or maybe they are all my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Dayle -- these are truly amazing!! At first I thought I knew which was my favorite, but the more I looked I realized I can't pick a favorite. They're all wonderful. How lucky you are to have traveled to so many places!

    My husband and I also love all things sky-related. Astronomy was a hobby of ours for several years (we have two telescopes). Unfortunately life got so busy, we haven't had much time for star-gazing lately other than what we can see with the naked eye. I love the Pleiades and always find myself searching for those Seven Sisters in the night sky. :)

    Thanks so much for your visit and for following my blog. I'm now following your blog, as well. Have a wonderful day!

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have me swooning over the skies.....such beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, gorgeous collection of sky photos in all its' glory. Take care, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all so beautiful - glorious!
    I think my favourites are the Wyoming sky and the sunsets and sunrises.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful collection of sky views from various places.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - So many great shots!! That one in Beaumont is scarey looking and at the same time has a beauty of its own. I have several sky shots on another computer - need to go dig them out.
    Thanks for stopping by and nice comment. Also thanks for "reading along" - warning, I tend to ramble at times. :)
    Will be back to check out more of your posts when have a bit more time.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness...at around the third photo or so I was saying to myself "This is my favorite" but then they just kept rolling on...

    Truly breathtaking and yes...God is the artist. What a beautiful world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have some amazing photos there. God's artistry is unmatched. What stunning colours Florida skies have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Completely stunning photos! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH..MY..GOODNESS!! These are simply breathtaking. One more gorgeous than the other. Your right, only God could make such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great collection of sky photos. The royal blue sky in the blue hour was just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, so gorgeous. what a beautiful thing to document in so many places.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I almost started crying to see there were no more skies... I enjoyed the show. Mmm. God sure does do beautiful work.

    Happy weekend!
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  19. One right after the other of award winning photos!
    Love clouds and really love the Blue Hour.
    God the BEST artist I know!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dayle,
    I stand all amazed and in wonder of His mighty handiwork
    captured through the lens of your camera!!! Magnificent!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos...especially the one with the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have always been in awe of the Lord's sunrises and sunsets. I paint and have tried to paint them many times, but mine just don't come out like His! Those are gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely beautiful collection of evening skies!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Strikingly beautiful! and Im a little jealous of yuour travels!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A feast for the soul Dayle'
    Wonderful images you've captured of sky in her various moods.
    AMAZING beauty reflecting the hand of God.
    Shane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful photos ... and the rainbow may be my favorite, but they are all so good! You are a poet with your camera! I have enjoyed visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, dear girl, have you an amazing collection of sky shots! Each more beautiful than the next! I notice the Clark NJ photo and searched to see its location to where I live. Not too far, Should you ever get back this way, we will have to connect :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. There's always a sensation of God I feel when I stare at the sky.
    Thanks for sharing all these beautiful images, I felt like i was seeing the world through your eyes.
    Leslie (Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  29. So many gorgeous "skies"...enjoyed seeing all of the glorius and breathtaking beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous. So vibrant and colorful.. it really is a symphony.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle