Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In Other News ~ On the Writing Front


We interrupt this unsteady stream of postcards for a bit of other news.

Awhile back, I blogged about twin sister and I ending up in the same Chicken Soup title, having no idea that the other one had submitted a story. This book is for writers of all sorts, so that made it extra special.

The folks at Chicken Soup were intrigued by the novelty of having identical twin contributors in the Chicken Soup for the Soul Inspiration for Writers and decided to do a feature about it in their contributor’s communiqué for the month of May.

They asked for a photo of us together with the book, so off we went to comply. As you can see, we attempted to do Texas proud and donned our cowboy/cowgirl hats for the photo shoot. We’re wearing boots, too, for the record.

Anyway, these books were released in stores nationwide yesterday and contain some great inspirational stories for writers and for those who want to write. You can also order online, of course.


And speaking of writing, I was deeply honored and humbled (putting it mildly) to receive my second Amy Writing Award a few weeks ago, this time for my work in the Beaumont Enterprise

If you aren’t familiar with The Amy Foundation, it is a wonderful organization that recognizes Christian writing in secular publications. Any organization that gives out cash prizes, annually, to writers who present biblical truths, reinforced with Scripture, in a secular publication has my vote. Again, I am so humbled and honored (speechless is more like it) to be one of 15 writers rewarded in this way for the year 2012. To God be the glory! For a list of winners, you can visit the foundation's website.

Until next time, dear friends, stay tuned for a Chicken Soup book giveaway coming soon, both here and on twin sister's blog. Woo-Hoo! 


***


13 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled for both of you--what a wonderful thing to have happen to you--

    And you know what I like most about it?--how proud your sweet Mama and Daddy must be. What a legacy you and Gayle have in them.

    Congratulations from my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That twin connection is amazing. Congratulations to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and Gayle! I'm also sending congrats on winning the award! I'm not surprised at all. Love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news, Dayle. Adorable photo too. warm congratulations to both you and your sister. Plus the award. Praise the Lord. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dayle,
    You and your sister are adorable in the photo. Congrats to the both of you for such wonderful accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fun!!!! and that photo is too cute! i love the hats :) and cognratulations on the award too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you both!! WOW.... What an honor.. The picture is toooo cute!!! AND NOW.... I have discovered your sister's blog... I will be stopping by !! Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Dayle. How wonderful, and you are both so adorable.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and what an inspiration you are. I'm book marking the chicken soup book on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Congratulations on your award, too! Lots of good things happening for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sweet bond of twins! I see it so often with my own twin daughters. How very special to both be published in the same book! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You winning the Amy Foundation honor is no surprise to your blog readers.
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My heart's applauding over here! Can't wait to read each of your stories, Dayle!
    No matter what's going on in my life, I always come away from the Chicken Soup series feeling good!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle