Thursday, May 30, 2013

Room-Divider Transformed

When I found this room-divider at a local thrift shop, I snatched it right up, not having a clue what I would do with it, but knowing it would probably end up in my booth at the antique mall. (This is a photo of one almost identical, as I failed to get a “before” pic. I’m handy like that.)

Since my booth doesn’t have side walls, my first instinct was to use it mainly as a “wall,” sort of hiding the neighboring booths. But the more I looked at it, the more I wanted to get a little creative with it (and it would have to be a little creative, as I don’t have big creative genes) and attempt to sell it.

As I mentioned, I tend to forget the “before” pics. I’m also handy in forgetting the step-by-step pics, as the mega bloggers do so well, but I’m really good at words, so, in a nutshell, here’s what I did.

I did away with the glass panes, as one was missing. I set aside the mats to reuse, then, using a satin finish ivory spray-paint, I gave the divider several coats—probably three in all, letting dry completely between coats. I didn’t do any priming to this piece.

For the frames, I measured the mats and cut scrapbook paper to fit, then placed them in no particular fashion.


And there you have it! Isn't she lovely?


The transformed room-divider is now waiting to be adopted by a special family. I think it would make a great addition to a girl’s room, or, if you’re lucky enough to have large bathrooms, even as a bathroom accent.


Linking up with:
Kate for Flaunt it Friday
Diann for Thrifty Friday
Miss Mustard Seed for Furniture Feature Friday
Eileen for Pink Designs for Creative Weekends
Goedele for Crafty Country Cottage



21 comments:

  1. What a fun piece- I love the way it turned out. It really adds a little punch to your booth- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that looks pretty creative to me! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will certainly add charm to a special little girls room. Turned out great.
    jemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs a step by step when the finished product is so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice! My daughter wants one of those so badly, but she needs to move out and get her own apartment first where she'll have some room for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great make-over! This is really pretty and yes, I agree, it would be perfect for a girls room.

    http://growcreative.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Dayle. That looks fabulous. GREAT JOB! Your booth looks delightful, too. I'd love to go shopping there! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I think you did a marvelous job. This would be perfect to link up at my new party at The Pink Home. The party is called Creative Weekends and linking starts Friday afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks very good! Your booth is lovely - good luck with all the bits and pieces you brought back from your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the room divider and do not think you'll hold on to it long because someone is going to want to buy that.

    And the booth?? Oh, I LOVE it!! If you have shown a picture already, I must have missed it because this is the first shot I've seen. I was thinking about you earlier because another blog friend just opened a booth and it made me think of you. I really wonder if God isn't pulling me toward trying this. I like antique malls and thrift stores so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE IT! What a great job bringing new life to this fun piece! Bet is sells quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I LOVE this! We had one in our first little home and it was soo wonderful. I bet this gets snapped right up! Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out so cute! Love that you used scrapbook paper! Thanks for joining Diann and I at TTF!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so cute!
    How is it being a business woman, with such cute things?
    The creativity just oozes out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you linked up! It really did turn out so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did an amazing job...how very creative.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dayle,

    This room divider turned
    out lovely.

    A great addition to any room.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job! What a good idea. And it looks good in your booth. Feel free to share this on my blog!

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle