Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Musings and Father's Day Weekend

There are things and circumstances that we can’t ever change, no matter how much gnashing of teeth we may do. That’s the cold truth of the matter. And, if we aren’t careful, we will let what’s wrong in our lives overtake what’s right in our lives, causing us to miss the good times, and leaving us in a perpetual state of disappointment.

I’m not sure why I just blurted that out, but I did and, perhaps, you have the same feelings on occasion. We are, after all, fellow-travelers on this road called life, experiencing joys and sorrows, ups and downs, heartaches and highs. And it’s good to know that we share things in common—both good and bad. There’s no greater feeling than having someone to lean on in the hard times, and someone to applaud us whenever things are going well.

But enough of the serious stuff. I’m going to share some images from the weekend of everything that is good in my life. Not just good, but exceedingly good.

Father’s Day weekend—what a blessing all around. First, to have my dear father still with me and doing so well, following his horrific accident in November, is such a miracle and a blessing. The Man and I, along with sugar plum, drove over for a visit and to take him out to eat. He’d been hungry for a good steak, so we took him to Saltgrass—one of our favorite places for steak. I love the photo of Daddy yawning, and sugar plum with her mouth wide open.

After a sweet time together, back at the house, we captured some moments together on the porch before heading home again. What a joyous sight, the both of them waving to us as we drove away. And would you look at that yard

Yep, dear old Daddy is back to doing his yard, and back to walking around the little track close to his home, as we prayed he would. He’s not up to a mile yet, but little by little he's making progress. As the song goes, "To God be the glory, for the things He has done."


Sunday found our precious daughter and step-grandson enjoying the day with The Man. I fixed a meal of home-grown vegetables, with sausage and chicken on the grill. Although she is all grown up now, The Man loves his little girl so very much. She will always be the apple of his eye. A blessed day it was.

No matter how your weekend went, here's wishing you a week of pure beauty and goodness. Thanks for keeping me company here. It means a whole lot.


***

Linking with Mary at Little Red House


11 comments:

  1. Hi Dayle! Blessings to you and great joy! Thank you so much for posting your opening "serious" thought - it is a place I have been of late and am feeling liberated ad the Lord continues to minister to me the JOY I must TAKE HOLD of and let Him fix all the other messes that might surround me - 'ere they "take hole" of me! So glad to see your dad back in the biz and lots of joyful celebrations of the season at your home. Loved your "summer" banner - I'm working on a patriotic one for a swap coming up to mark the 4th! After tooooo much busy - I'm back more regularly in Blogland. Will be opening an Etsy, too - back to my art!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy seeing your dad celebrating the day.
    Your mother is so cute. The pictures of her smiling with Sugar Plum are priceless.
    Everyone looks happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed your week-end and that your dad is doing soo well! Praise God. Your opening thoughts really struck a chord with me. Life truly is such a mixture of the good and the bad and the highs and the lows, and the things we simply have to accept, and the things we can get busy and change. If we dwell TOO much on the hard parts, the sorrow, the disappointments and the pain, then the good parts and the blessings can be lost and unseen or unexperienced. It makes me think of my favorite verses, Philippians 4:8,9 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things [are] lovely, whatever things [are] of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear of you Daddy's recovery. Amazing at his age! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet times to treasure and remember! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dayle,
    Our lives are ever so mixed and sometimes the ugly/hurtful portion wants to take hold. I too, have had some challenges the past month-I am working very hard on be thankful and accepting.
    On a brighter note-your celebration on Fathers Day looks simply lovely!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the pictures. Keep focused on the good. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still traveling but wanted to pop in and say Hi, Dayle. I am so happy that your
    Dad recovered and was around to enjoy Father's Day. He looks good for what he has been thru. Love the other family pictures, too. And...I have to tell you once again- You are just a beautiful woman. xo Diana ps. I have said/felt a few things I shouldn't either over the years-but it IS part of life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One thing I so enjoy about coming over here is your honesty and just cutting to the chase. (Helps me realize I'm not a Lone Ranger over here.)

    As always, I love your heart-warming photos .. especially that shot of your dad's big yawn!

    Have a wonderful new week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so fortunate to still have your dad in your life! My father passed away when I was young and I miss him dearly. I am blessed to have had such a wonderful husband, father and now grandfather to our children and grandchildren.

    It is so true that the negative parts of life can drag us down and rob our joy. I try to stay positive as much as possible...find some happiness in each day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect days, Dayle, with precious memories to go with them! Thanks for sharing your joy. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle