Saturday, July 27, 2013

Scenes From A Blessed Life ~ Summertime Happenings

The girl has been scarce on the social radar lately. The Man and I don’t usually travel in summer—too hot and too many kiddos gone wild. But, in early spring, we made reservations for a special getaway, not far from home, for this week. This is the first of a few photo collages showing what we’ve been up to, with two very special people—our beautiful daughter and her adorable stepson. He calls us MawMaw and PawPaw, and we love it!


Watching the sunrise, no matter your geographical location, is a miracle every single time. This is how it looked on Galveston Island.


It didn’t take but a few minutes and Julian had made a new friend. They were so cute together.


And finally, a day of summertime fun and food makes the heart happy, and, in The Man’s case, the head dizzy. I think he decided, after the first ride, that, although he’s plenty tall enough to get on the rides, he’s way passed the age.

Until next time, sweet friends, I trust your week has been dotted with blessings.


***



15 comments:

  1. You are so right. Watching each sunrise is a miracle Dayle.
    And isn't so heartwarming to watch our kids make new friends? When children have been surrounded by love it's always amazing to watch how naturally they extend themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dayle, that was a sweet post. Loved all the photos. So happy you are a Grammie, too! The little step-grandson is a handsome boy!

    And the sunset shot was gorgeous. Nice job, my friend. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun that must have been! I love to go to the beach with my grandsons - just so much better in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess MawMaw didn't ride any rides? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie, your Julian!
    I've such fond memories of time spent on Galveston Island.
    Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your fun in the sun!
    Hugs,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dayle! What a grand time you are having! And I love seeing the grandkids. It looks so sunny! And I am a sucker for sun-ups and sun-downs. Colors on parade :)

    Enjoy your vaca!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you've all been having such a fun summer. I love the picture of the sunrise over Galveston Island. I loved the amusement park rides when I was young, but I'm with The Man...my head would be spinning for days:-) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like some wonderful summer memories!
    glad to "find" you again here. :))
    i've recently moved from xanga and learning the ropes of a new spot.
    hope to reconnect again~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you, Amber. I still miss the Xanga way of life. It was so much more user friendly. ALl the best as you learn the ropes. Thanks for visiting here.

      Delete
  9. It looks wonderful to me, so relaxing.

    (I snooped at the interchange between Maw Maw and the twin sister, too. I take it you are a member of the chicken club where rides are concerned? Me too. I dub myself the official waver instead. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you could say I'm a member of the chicken club, Debbie. I rode crazy rides, on occasion, as a youngster, but never had any fun doing it, and I hated the feeling of the roller coaster, so I decided at a relatively young age, why do something if it isn't fun? LOL! The Man calls the carousel "my ride."

      Delete
  10. BTW, what a handsome little boy!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle