Monday, July 1, 2013

Who's Who? ~ Then and Now

With the birth of my latest grandniece on June 18th, I am now great-aunt to two precious girls, Ainsley and Audrey (aka sugar plum and pie). 

I asked twin sis to help recreate an old photo of me with my first pair of nieces. Here's how it went.

In the photo on the left, I am holding Leslie, just a few days after she was born, while Shelaine beams in the background. 

In the photo on the right, 27-1/2 years later, I am holding Leslie’s daughter, Audrey, just a few days after she was born, while Shelaine’s daughter, Ainsley, beams in the background. I think the resemblance of the nieces to their mothers is remarkable. I’d planned to not look so rough in the re-creation, but I tend to like the spontaneity of the moment. 

I don’t know if I’ll ever be a grandmother, but you’ll never find a prouder aunt than I am. While I don’t have the physical strength I had with the first two, I’ve got a heart overflowing with love—then and now.


Linking up with Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.




16 comments:

  1. They do look alike! And you're beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister is lucky to have you as such a wonderful aunt to her kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you do it?
    You haven't aged a bit!

    What a great idea. It's shows how much they are loved. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look just wonderful then and now, and that your nieces (and sisters) are soo blessed to have such a loving aunt as you. Hope you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great idea and the girls look remarkably like their mothers.

    Just beautiful and I rejoice with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 'then and now' shots, and this one will surely be a treasure to both the families.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! You are the best aunt and great aunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The similarities are uncanny! And, by the way, if that's you looking "rough", I'd like to know your anti-aging secrets. You don't seem to have changed much at all in those two photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable to do those two pictures like this 27 1/2 years later!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet recreation! Look how cute those girls were and now new ones that resemble them. Dayle, I think you have gotten even prettier as you have aged! Blessings-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this idea! I'm going to have to start by being a little freaked out that you have aged so little in 27 years. My recreations would not look a bit like that. I do have some photos of me with my two favorite little nieces so if and when I get to be a GREAT aunt, I could do this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a wonderful idea. Now how did you think of this? And what are the chances of having these poses? It's SO special. And you look the same in both photos! :) must be the love that keeps you young.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're all so kind, but, believe me when I say, I've aged aplenty! If only I'd known how to appreciate that firm jawline from in my youth. HA! Whoever said that youth is wasted on the young knew a thing or two.

    As for this pose, and how I thought to re-create it, I have photo albums/scrapbooks for the past 33 years of my life and whenever my sugar plum came along, I had fun looking through old pics of her mother, to see any resemblance, so I did the same thing when pie came along and I happened to see this picture, just in the nick of time. Had I waited much longer, that sweet pie would've been a lot bigger, growing like a weed she is already.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a neat recreation!! You haven't changed/aged a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! And look how great you look. You look even more beautiful I think! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle