Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ya'll come now, ya hear?


If you came to my house on the 4th (and the temperatures weren't triple-digits), I would lay out a simple table for you, just like the one I did a few years ago in the photo above. There'd be a grill going, and sweet iced-tea to fill the jars.

Wherever you are this year, I just wanted to stop in and wish all my peeps a safe and happy 4th of July holiday. 

The Man and I will be spending the 4th with my dear parents and are looking forward to Southern cooking at its finest.

My dad hasn't been well in recent weeks—not his ankle this time, but his heart. Your prayers would be a great comfort to me.

Until next time, sweet friends, light a sparkler and celebrate!

May God bless the United States of America.

***


14 comments:

  1. Hello Dear Dayle...Of course I will add your dear Daddy to my prayers tonight.

    Hope your Fourth of July turns out to be terrfic, like YOU! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be missed at our little gathering tomorrow, but I know you'll enjoy time with the parents. If you take your laptop, I'd love for them to see my pictures on my recent blog. And oh, BTW, Daddy cut and weeded today. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope y'all have a great gathering. I would take laptop, but you can't get Internet service there. :( I can attempt to show them from my phone, but not quite the same effect.

      Delete
  3. However you spend your Independence Day, I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Independence Day! Praying for your dad. I hope you all have a great day together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your dad, we lift in prayer for sure! Enjoy your Independence Day celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will keep your dad in my prayers. Happy 4th of July!
    Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Independence Day, Dayle!
    I'm lifting your sweet daddy in my prayers and hope you and "the man" enjoy a sweet visit.

    PS - Love your flatware pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending some prayers your way. Have a happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dayle,

    You set a beautiful table! I pray the best news possible for your dad's health. I have so enjoyed "getting to know" your sweet family through your posts. Blessings for a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your Dad, I'll keep him in my prayers. But I'm glad you're going to be together. Enjoy your time today with your dear family, Happy 4th!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you and your dear Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Independence Day! I hope you had a wonderful time with your parents, and add me to those who will be lifting your dad for his heart. From what you've posted, he has quite a wonderful one. (Saw the pictures of your newest additions visit with them. So very, very sweet!)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle