Wednesday, August 21, 2013

In the Company of Sisters


When we planned our sister's getaway trip back in May, little did we know that National Sister’s Day is in August. How fitting that August just happened to be the month we chose for taking time away from normal routines and slipping off for some sister bonding.

Below are a few thoughts and snapshots from our special time together last week. (A big thanks to The Man for his help in making it happen, and to brother-in-law for doing without his helpmate for a few days.)

Our new favorite ice-cream shop on Galveston Island.
The Almond Joy flavor was a winner.


With nothing pressing , no deadlines, no clocks to punch, 
the days moved along at an easy pace.

 
“There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me.”  
~ Mary Montagu


“It's hard to be responsible, adult and sensible all the time. How good it is to have a sister whose heart is as young as your own.”  ~ Pam Brown

Only those who really know us know how utterly silly we can be whenever we're together. If only the walls of Cloud 9 could talk. This was the night of the "camera wars," catching each other off-guard, creating howls of laughter and memories to last forever.


“When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?”  
~ Pam Brown


Evenings found us sitting on the beach, mostly in silence, admiring God's handiwork, captivated by the music of the ocean. It's a symphony that can't be matched, but the sisters may have broken out into three-part harmony on at least one occasion.

I can't imagine a world without my sisters, and I wouldn't take anything for these four days in August spent with them, my two best friends. To take time out to enrich any relationship, I believe, enriches all of our relationships.

Until next time, sweet kindred spirits, may you be blessed by the company of others.

***

16 comments:

  1. This sounds soo wonderful! I totally envy (in a good way!) being able to do such a thing. I am afraid with my sisters and me, I am the only one whose responsibilities might allow such a thing. We are striving to find afternoons once in a blue moom though where we can all get together and just enjoy one another. Loved hearing about your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful trip. I love the photo of the 3 of you staring out a the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These beautiful pictures captured the beauty of your relationship. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what sweet sweet fun... I love the sisters in hats :) and almond joy ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dayle! I love this! I have three sisters, and we get together every few years and just enjoy each other's company. It looks like you don't have to do anything fancy, just being together is 'treat' enough.

    And those photos! The sun and beach look so fun, and the cowboy hats too! You know how to have fun :)

    Blessings to you and your family!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quotes are perfect with every picture. And the pictures are full of that sister love.

    Don't have a sister but I got the feeling of what it must be like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessed occasion it was to spend those days with your beloved sisters, dear Dayle. So happy you were able to do that. It sounded like a great time.

    And you are all adorable!

    I'll bet the husbands even had a nice few days. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

    Take care, Dayle, and thanks so much for sharing such a special time. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun! What an awesome time you all must have had on the beach in Cloud 9! I have four sisters and although I don't get to see them often since I live almost 500 miles from them, whenever we get together, we have blast. I can only imagine what memories those cameras captured....by the way...the pic of you all looking out into the sea is just breathtaking. Thank you for sharing this sweet memory with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dayle- You girls are all just beautiful! You certainly came from a good looking gene pool!;>) How wonderful that you are able to spend time together just as sisters. What a blessing for all of you. I am so jealous- I ALWAYS wanted a sister but my parents started late and then I just had the one brother that passed unexpectedly this year. Hang on to every single joyful moment you can. I know you treasure your sisterhood and know what a blessing it is! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a special time. Nothing like a sister, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sisters and I took our first trip together this July ,went went to Negril Jamaica on our inheritance money from our Dad's estate

    It was wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quotes accompanying your photos are perfect. Galveston is a great place to wind down and just enjoy being.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never been, the coastline looks beautiful and the city I heard was very colorful, thanks for sharing

    I'm inviting you to join us for Travel Photo Mondays, the link runs all week so I hope you can join us for the next installment?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing all of your smiles and happiness showing through....and the cowboy hats of course! What a special relationship! It makes me happy to see your close family! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How I love witnessing your happy hours! These images practically shout, Hallmark...
    that is, if they had a "heart of fame"! :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle