Monday, August 26, 2013

Oh beautiful for spacious skies ...

Last week, after my sisters had returned to their homes following our little getaway, The Man came to retrieve me and Cloud 9. We spent a couple extra nights on the island, before heading home.

On our final night by the sea, we sat on the beach, soaking up the view, the sounds, the majesty of the world around us.

At one point, I turned and looked behind me, and there was the western sky ablaze in shades of orange. With nothing more than my little Kodak pocket camera, I snapped this photo. As a lover of sunsets and all things in the sky, and one who has dozens of spectacular sunset photos in my, uh, portfolio, I'm not sure I've ever captured anything quite like this. 

God's amazing artwork never ceases to amaze me.

Here's wishing you all a week of unexpected beauty and blessings.

***
Linking up with Cindy for Amaze Me Monday.



10 comments:

  1. Wow...His wonders never cease...spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! No one can out do His beautiful creations. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunsets like this are my favorite part of living where we do. I have tons of photos in my "portfolio" as well. :) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "As a lover of sunsets and all things in the sky" oh me too!!!! and this sky- my goodness! what a gift from the heavens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sky, too, and am endlessly fascinated by it. That is one of the most spectacular sky shots I have EVER seen. You really should frame that! Beautiful way to wrap up your time away- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dayle, that shot is breathtaking. Awesome. Proof of His majesty! Great job. You and the Man must have been awestruck. Praise the Lord. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is stunning and reminds me of all I have to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! (Even that word sounds inadequate, you know?)
    Thank you for your sweet wishes, Dayle. May you be bathed in all that's GOOD in the coming days!

    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! We are headed on vaca to an island soon ourselves & I can't wait to see sunsets just like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yes! The same amazing colors in the sky! Doesn't it just take your breath away to see a glimpse of the beauty of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle