Friday, September 20, 2013

Who is She?


She has seen me at my best, and loved me at my worst.

She knows the skeletons in my closet, and can call them all by name.

She doesn’t judge me.

She knows when I'm wrong.

She knows when I'm right.

She can make me see red.

She makes me laugh. 

She thinks I’m funnier than I am.

She listens when I talk. 

She can read my mind.

She’s known her share of sorrow. 

She is stronger than she thinks.

She met me in the womb, before our mother ever saw us.

She speaks my language.

She has my number.

She sings my song.

She shares my exact DNA.

Through every season of life, she has been my constant companion.

She is my identical twin sister, the other half of me.





 Linking up with Lisa-Jo for 5-Minute Friday, where today’s prompt is: She.



18 comments:

  1. How beautiful - and what a wonderful celebration of your sister. Thank you for reminding me what sisterhood is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, you are a poet. Visiting from fmf:)

    Your words make me long for a twin sister. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A precious gift of sisters! I am sure my daughters can perfectly relate to your special bond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dawn
    This as identical as it gets. What a blessing to have a sister that thinks your thoughts sort of even before you do; a gift from the Giver of all good gifts.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this...and I love the way you put your thoughts in words. Thank you for sharing your heart :)

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dayle! Oh my, I knew your names were similar, but completely didn't know you were twins! What a blessing for you, and I know that you are so close. It must be so wonderful to have a best friend for life!

    Love the photos:)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Love you, twin sister. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I consider both of you immensely blessed.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sisters, what more can you say?
    It says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved this Dayle. My older sister and I were separated for a long time and five years ago found our way back to each other. Now we talk everyday. The bond between sisters is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful you both are. So blessed. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would be wonderful to have an identical twin! envy, envy.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a precious post..something us single births have never experienced!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle