Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Walk in the Woods, A Drive Down the Road, A Message from Heaven


Thursday brought rain. Off and on, a light drizzle tapped against the windows, the kind of autumn day that seeps into my bones and finds me reaching for coffee and a sweater.

Around noon, we broke camp at the KOA in Pigeon Forge and waved goodbye, not because we wanted to, but out of necessity. Let me explain.

Initially, we didn’t reserve a space at the KOA (our bad), and have just lucked out to be able to stay this long. Today, was the final day they could accommodate us. 


But (cue the Hallelujah Chorus) look what we found right around the corner! We are surrounded by God's unmatched handiwork. Lord willing, we will be in this amazing spot until Monday.


While The Man got Cloud Nine connected to water, sewage, and electricity, I saw this path leading up a hill, so I grabbed my walking shoes and took a walk in the woods.

At the end of the path, an ordinary storage building awaited, but …




… the joy was in the journey.

Isn’t it always?


Later in the day, we took a drive down Wears Valley Road (always a must drive whenever you're in this area), and we were well rewarded. Wouldn't you like to live in that house back there?



Even though there is still a lot of green, glorious autumn announces her presence a little more every day. My photography was done from inside the vehicle, as the road is narrow and doesn't offer many stopping points, but the colors came through in a spectacular sort of way, don't you think?


As we drove back to camp, the rain clouds settled in and took my breath away.


Still, the best thing we saw, by far, was when we came upon a church that had this sign out front. Painted on a big rock, a message: “All things are possible … Jesus.” 

I immediately sent the pic to a precious loved one to remind her that nothing is too hard for the Lord, and I’m posting it here to remind all of us.

Until next time, dear friends, embrace the season, embrace His message. All things are possible.

***

Linking up with Barbie for The Weekend Brew.
Sharing with Gail at Bible Love Notes.


23 comments:

  1. What an awesome treat to visit your blog this morning! Beautiful color! Glad you're having a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is more beautiful than the Lord's paintings ~ just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the beautiful scenes from your trip. Praising God for the glorious fall colors. Have a blessed weekend. I'm visiting from the Weekend Brew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was admiring your photos without having caught on to the fact that you were in Pigeon Forge, until I saw you mention Wears Valley Road and then I had to go back and find it. You're in my neck of the woods! (Sorta.) The Smokies are one of my favorite places too. It looks like a beautiful year. :) Enjoy the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photographs are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking us on the road with you the scenery was awesome! Message was timely needed! Blessings to you & your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dayle, thanks for letting us journey with you through the pictures today. I love the message on that rock -- YES! He does make all things possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dayle...Autumn produces some of the most beautiful colors in creation and you did a great job capturing them in your photos. Thank you for sharing your road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely, lovely post! I just can't get enough of this, can you? We were on the Blue Ridge Parkway today and it was foggy, foggy, FOGGY! I have never seen it like that but what a treat it was to appreciate it a whole new way! (will post about it later) The Lord sure has blessed his children by his creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, your Fall images are amazing! So beautiful. Thanks for linking up with me Dayle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely breathtaking examples of God's artistry! I love, love that area in the fall! So happy you found such a beautiful place to camp. Thanks for sharing the message on the rock ~ I needed that right now.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. My, my, my I am envious today! I absolutely love Pigeon Forge and those Tennessee mountains! What beautiful pictures you have taken too, the colors were magnificent. Thank you for stopping by my blog so that I could meet you and have a chance to see your blog today! Blessings, I am now a follower! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. We would have loved to have been there for our anniversary this weekend, but alas, the gas range decided to quit and had to be replaced. We stayed in Maryville with the kids way back in the late 90's and had to drive Wears Valley Road more times than I wanted. It is a beautiful drive, though. Maybe we'll get to the mountains closer to home next weekend. Your photos make it a little easier not to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMEN to that message! Breath taking GORGEOUS pictures! I can just imagine how this must have looked in person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These pictures are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Priceless photos, memories and the message on the rock.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A reminder I needed, too. What a beautiful day. Your photographs delighted me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a stunning place to find to camp, you are in beautiful country.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how I envy your journey. Your photos look spectacular and everything just shouts fall! I would have loved to be on that walk and come upon the Jesus rock. So much to think upon. Hope the rest of your trip went well and you got all the spots you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, what a trip!! The photos are just beautiful. My husband and I love to camp - though we are still doing it the old-fashioned *tent* way!! And, I'm with you - the joy is in the journey.

    Can't wait to see more of God's lovely creation as you share...

    GOD BLESS!

    (Thanks for your comment on my blog the other day! I really appreciated it so much. And I am going to also follow you as soon as I log out here!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Silly me - I am already a follower!! I'm going to add you to my blogroll so I can keep updated!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for your lovely comments, sweet friends. Hugs across the miles.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle