Saturday, October 5, 2013

Postcards from the Road ~ Going, Going, Gone

The Man and I have flown the coop. Cabin fever. Chasing autumn. Road trip. However you want to say it, we've been rolling along the highways and plan to end up in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge part of Tennessee a few days from now. I've heard the Smoky Mountain National Park is closed, but that won't keep us from enjoying the places that we love in and around that area.

Our day on the road was long and eventful today. It included a blowout on the tow trailer and a rain storm, but, praise the Lord, as you can see, it ended with a rainbow. There was damage done to the tow trailer, which will be addressed tomorrow, Lord willing. 

While traveling brings me great joy, the hard part is saying goodbye to my people, especially the little ones. It'll be my first time to go away for more than a few days since pie's birth, and it's never easy leaving sugar plum. 

The day before we left, sugar plum came by and spent a couple hours with us. She loves the motorhome and just had to "drive," don't you know. (That little bun on her head makes me weak inside.) Later that evening, I ate dinner with my beautiful niece and pie. (Check out her adorable bib.) Oh, how I will miss these sweet babies!

As I write, it is Saturday night. Today's ordeal is over. The rain has left the air cool and the skies clear. We are safe and sound, somewhere in Arkansas, feeling blessed and grateful for God's protection on the road. Tomorrow, Lord willing, we'll start again.

Until next time, sweet friends, keep smiling, keep shining, keep on keeping on, and thanks for stopping by to visit. It means a whole lot.

***


16 comments:

  1. Happy to hear all is well this evening! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All's well that ends well. I'll keep a lid on Pie for you while you're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe journey! I love to be on the road with my fellow and can imagine the adventures you will share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I must say that although I'm a little jealous, I am so happy for you to be able to be taking a road trip in the gorgeous season...and so glad the blowout didn't cause a accident! May God keep you safe on those roads and looking forward to hearing (and seeing) more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your safe and snug! The trip this time of year sounds wonderful! Enjoy every moment! I'm with you btw...that little bun is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister is leaving for Gatlinburg next weekend. I hope they get the state parks open soon! Have a safe and fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh, safe journey, dear Dayle. See? God WAS watching over the both of you, even with that flat tire. Hope you both have a wonderful time (I know you will). Will look forward to your occasional posts. Godspeed. Hugs. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying for safe traveling for you and Stan. Take your time and enjoy the beauty God created for this time of the year! If you get close to me, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy traveling! Glad your first day ended with a rainbow.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun for you two! Praying for your safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have taught me more about storms and what to do while in the middle of them.
    Very glad you are safe and a with a rainbow at the end!

    Missing little loved ones is so hard. ~sigh~



    ReplyDelete
  12. Dayle, I live not to far from this area you can still enjoy the beauty most of the hiking trails are closed Mt. LeConte etc., you can still enjoy the Scenery and shop !! Come on over to Big South Fork area and use the camp groud here its beautiful country here in my neck of the woods ,do let me know if you travel this way as I would love to meet you my Simple Pleasure friend my email is bigmark2929@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am happy that you are able to get away - confident that thinks at home are well. This year certainly has been a journey for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a wonderful trip!! I have only visited that area in the summer. I really want to go in the Autumn. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that at this stage in my life, I can take a vacation any time of the year if I can afford it and put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sure do hope you post from the Smokies... we are headed to that area next week.. via Maggie Valley and then on to Maryville to stay with a dear friend.. we absolutely love this area and are excited to see the mountains of Tennessee / NC again!!! Will be interested in what you post ( concerning the Park closure!!) Have a blessed day and trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a safe and relaxing trip Dayle, you sound like you've got the right attitude. Keep us posted on your adventures...

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle