Thursday, October 17, 2013

Postcards from the Road ~ Vista Point

If you've ever been to Pigeon Forge, or to Gatlinburg, you probably know exactly where we're standing. This is a vista point along the Bypass between these two cities. It overlooks Gatlinburg and showcases the beauty of the Smokies. 

I first came to the Great Smoky Mountains as a young girl, no older than seven, and I still remember that trip, and how I fell in love with this part of Tennessee. Every time I return, a part of my childhood returns with me.

To learn more about this mountain range, and how the term "smoky" comes into play, you can click here.

Until next time, dear kindred spirits, thanks for coming along on my travel adventures. I trust I'm not boring you too much.


***


11 comments:

  1. Bee-yoo-tee-ful.
    (I'm talking about the couple, but the view is gorgeous too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picture! how wonderous to be able to travel around like that...and I appreciate you bringing us along. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your photos! It's a beautiful part of the country....one that you really fall in love with the more time you spend there. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely mountains, more pointed then ours, and more peaked in a way...

    Sounds like you are/did have a great trip.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dayle
    You bless us with sharing this beautiful part of our Pappa's creation. I grew up in the Karoo in South Africa and still that part of our country still makes me feel at home. For the last 18 years I have been privileged to live 200m from the sea.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic time you must be having! Isn't it wonderful when God gives us those special little favors that others would call coincidences?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm such a dufus....I meant to post this comment on your newest post...oops...oh well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's perfectly okay, Debby. (I'm so blessed to have so many Debby/Debbie blog friends.)

      Delete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle