Friday, January 10, 2014

I Spy ~ Do You See What I See?

When I was a kid, I used to love playing a game called, “I Spy.” There are all kinds of versions, but the way we played went something like this: Whoever was “it” would look around the room, select an object, then choose a single attribute (usually the color) to describe it. 

“I spy something red,” you might say. And that’s when the other players started pointing and guessing.

“That bird in the picture on the wall.”

“That stripe on the rug.”

“The letters on that magazine.”

It wasn’t always easy, guessing the correct object. If the “it” person was really creative, you often had to look long and hard.

I’m all grown up now, but the “I Spy” game still comes in handy, and it still requires keen observation skills.

Do I see a bowl of crusted cheese dip in the man cave? Hmmmm … let’s look closer. Closer. CloserNope. I spy signs of life.

See how great that works? Now, you try it.



Do you have something to say about the word “see”? Can you write it in five minutes, without editing? Then head on over to the lovely Lisa-Jo’s weekly blog event: Five-Minute Friday and share your thoughts on today’s prompt.


***


11 comments:

  1. Ha! This made me chuckle! (Visiting from FMF)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! And so true, those keen observation skills always come in handy! Glad I stopped over from FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it...great post! And yes, I played that game a lot when I was young...maybe I better revisit it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Well, to go along with yours I have this: What I don't see when I don't take time to check myself over before stepping out the door. http://itwasbroughtonbylove.blogspot.com/2014/01/love-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had forgotten about that game. Thanks for reminding me because I will play it with Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I play that with my grandkids. We make one of them write down what they SEE because if we don't they CHANGE the THING to something else when you guess it correctly. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that game as a child too...and now we should all play it as adults to keep our brains fit.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved that game. I played it as a child, with my children, and also with my students while we waited for the buses to be called. Just reading this gave me the warm fuzzies.

    (Or maybe it was the combination of this post and the one I just read about how to make one of them thar little pom pom thngies out of yarn. You be the judge.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes a favorite of mine and my grandkids. Played many games of this on our way to New Mexico at Thanksgiving time. I somehow have missed? your last few posts...not sure how, but it was good to catch back up with you. I so identify and love how you write. And don't think I have, so wishing you and yours a blessed and joyous New year! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. We used to play that game all the time. I personally think it's one reason I was so good at "Where's Waldo?"

    All I can say about the word *see* is this - I see the Lord's hand so much this past week as He has led my family through a difficult journey with my father and his severe injury. I see how God can bring JOY even in the midst of sorrowful circumstances, for we have seen His glory, and we can see the hope He brings!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I play this game with all my grandchildren. With them being different ages, the game gets a little crazy and oh, so different then the way we started out.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle