Monday, January 27, 2014

Icicles in San Antonio and Such

The Man and I have been in the lovely San Antonio almost a week now. I am feeling mucho better than when we arrived last Tuesday. Thank you for your well wishes.


For the most part, the weather here (and at home in our absence) has been cold, by our standards. One night, it got downright icy, and lasted into most of the following day. Since Cloud Nine and Goldilocks (aka my little CRV) have never had icicles hanging from their outer parts, I bundled up and documented the moment, as bloggers often do. Would you look at that?


On Friday, big sis and brother-in-law braved below freezing temperatures and icy road closings in Houston and drove to the Alamo city for the weekend. They'd planned this trip for several weeks and a little cold snap wasn't going to keep them away. Upon their arrival, they checked in at one of the beautiful hotels on the city's infamous Riverwalk




Their window view from the top floor overlooked the hallowed grounds of the Alamo (seen in left photo). I took these pictures from their room one evening. I love the various colors of the city lights.


We spent the weekend gallivanting around, doing the double-dating thing. We had loads of fun.


I'm afraid we also ate way too much.

The Man and I plan to stay on a couple more days or so, before heading home. The weather man says the cold temps will be returning, with a possibility of snow here on Tuesday. Thank the Lord we have a great heating system in Cloud Nine, as well as plenty of quilts, coffee, and chocolate on board, so, let 'er rip, tater chip.

Until next time, dear friends, thanks for keeping me company. May you be cozy and warm wherever you are on this winter Monday morning. Love and hugs across the miles.

***

10 comments:

  1. I have never been to San Antonio and have been told that I'm missing out! Lovely photos! Here from Little Red House. I'm actually looking forward to catching snippets of your writings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dayle! I extend my frozen greetings, as it is now -2 degrees, and it's supposed to get colder tomorrow. Yuck!
    I'd much rather be with you, believe it! I really enjoyed the photos of the lights of the city outside your window. So pretty! and how great that you can share this all with family. No wonder you call your RV 'Cloud Nine'. It is aptly named!
    Well, enjoy the weather for me. I'll love to visit you here and live through you.
    Blessings, Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better. I must visit the Riverwalk! My parents went there years ago and loved it. The food looks amazing. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow and Wednesday. We'll see. When they predict it, it usually doesn't happen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dayle...a trip in Cloud Nine would make me feel better too...no matter where to! Those are some lovely icicles :)
    I am still holding out for one pretty snow here in NC and then I will be ready for spring. Oh...and one more thing...you and your sisters always look so cute wearing your hats. I just don't do hats well :(

    Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you are having fun, Dayle, in spite of the cold weather. It is so cold here it is unbelievable. The wind is whipping and with wind chill we are 30 degrees BELOW ZERO and it will be colder tomorrow. I think I could stand your weather. You girls sure look cute there in your cowboy boots! You are just a doll!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun and not seems there is no escaping the cold weather, no matter where you go!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let 'er rip, tater chip??

    I love that! I thought I had heard them all, but of course I haven't, Language is like pi and kind of infinite.

    It looks so fun, and I'm glad you said that you have heat in Cloud Nine.

    I'm a bit distracted this week because some big old honkin' ice followed by snow storm is aheading our way today.

    I don't mind the snow, but I do not like ice on the piney stick forest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dayle,
    Looks like such fun-we haven't been to the Riverwalk in years. I had forgotten how colorful and delight it
    is. Enjoy!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm, Dayle ... that Riverwalk is so much fun! I've got super-fond memories of visits to Texas to see friends that left us stranded here in New York!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so weird to hear about Houston, Austin and San Antonio having ice and snow. Here, it's expected. :) So glad you had such a great trip! Love that area and the Riverwalk...always so bright and colorful. The food and margaritas are great too!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle