Thursday, February 20, 2014

Ready for a Change in the Bedroom

Before you read any further, don't go getting any ideas about the title of this blog. Things are—ahem—just fine in "that" department. 

Now ... onward.

You may or may not recall that I'm not fond of change. I'm the girl who waited two decades before finally getting rid of the "wreath of green" color in my foyer. What can I say? Green is my favorite color. I'm also the girl who still needs to update the wallpaper in same foyer, although if I wait much longer I feel certain it will back in style. 

Then there were the walls in the family room, and the plaid furniture that stayed put for two decades before I finally updated.

I could take you through every room in my house, but by now you're getting the picture, which might surprise you when I say I'm ready for a change in the bedroom. That's not to say I don't still enjoy my bedroom and my king-sized bed. I do, and it's looked like this for the last five or so years.


Don't judge me harshly for the fake trees. Believe me when I say there's a good reason they're still standing.




Overall, my bedroom is warm and inviting and is a soft place to land after a long day or a long trip.

But I've been looking at inspiration photos and I'm close to making a choice of colors for both paint and bed linens. I'm also planning to do a wall treatment on the wall behind the bed. 

I've chosen some of the photos below for color scheme inspiration, some for wall treatment inspiration, and some just because I like them. I regret that I can't recall where I found these pictures. My sincere apologies for not being able to add a source link. If you know the source of any, please enlighten me.










If you have a few minutes, I'd love your opinion or experience regarding bedroom colors.

Until next time, sweet friends, press on.

***

19 comments:

  1. I love the direction you are headed - the cool of turquoise with the warmth of yellow. I need to change our bedroom, but I am stuck on going lighter or staying neutral..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third and fourth pictures, on the lower half of your blog are wonderful. I love the colors. I love the soft look, the red checked rug is a nice 'touch' maybe not my 'favorite but nice'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting ready to do the same thing. Just time for a change. I love the third one down on this post. Not sure why, just like the comfortable, cozy, light feel. How fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is all great inspiration. You also have great furniture. It seems you enjoy aqua and white or aqua, white, with gold or yellow.

    I have a lot of those colors in my home, but my bedroom walls are green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dayle! You are going to lighten up your room considerably with these new color palettes. You are really going for it! I love the wall piece that's blue and white with the words on it. It looks very 'down home' and I think that fits you. Does your husband care what colors you use?
    This project seems like a lot of fun for you. I hope you enjoy every moment, and take us along for the ride too :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dayle...first let me just say that I love your current bedroom. I tend to go for the darker colors and it is so cozy and warm looking...BUT...this is the first time I am seeing it! I get tired of the same decor after a while too so understand wanting to change things up a bit. I think all of the rooms in the photos are beautiful and the soft blues compliment the warmer tones so well...I really like the #3 photo...loving the painted paneling on the wall too. Can't wait to see what you decide on...I know it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your inspiration pictures. So bright and cheery. Our bedroom is nice and bright but it lacks the finer details that make it really beautiful. You might inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say pic #3 and #4.... Even though I do not know you personally.... I just think they look like YOU!! LOL... They are all gorgeous ideas though......................

    ReplyDelete
  9. Curious to see where you'll wind up with your new project.

    I'd love to have you join me at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your opening sentence was cute. :) and your present bedroom looks beautiful although I get the need to have a chance. Of all the pics...I like 3 and 4 the best. They just seem warmer, cozier, the others are too bright although also nice. Have fun with the redecorating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to re-do my bedroom, too. I wouldn't do a total re-do, but I have wallpaper up that I'd love to rip out. I like the direction that you are going in, based on your inspiration photos. I actually pinned your 4th inspiration photo a long time ago, for a guest room I wanted to re-do. It's still not finished! I like that one and the last one best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a good post. I love when you ask for advice. I like reading everyone's input, ideas and choices.
    As for me... I agree with Ceil about the wall piece. Plus, it would be easy to change up later. All you would have to do is add or change the pops of color.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my favorite color, that turquoisy teal shade...I use it on my blog header in the spring, and summer...you will love it.

    Our bedroom has walls painted a shade called Tropical blue...it's very close to that.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are moving next week and I am thinking too about change my bedroom. since the room will have different windows in different place I am not going to put my wall things up and look for a new spread and wall stuff. I don't like change either...we lived in a house for 12 years, rented it out while we went to serve in Bolivia, SA. We moved back into it seven years later and I place the furniture in the very same position I had it for those 12 years, nope, I don't like change. God is always taking me out of my comfort zone though.. stretching me by sending me to live in two third world countries. Yeah, your pictures and post convinced me a change is what I need to make this next move (the 29th) exciting. Thanks for the good read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dayle, They are all pretty rooms with soft colors perfect for a bedroom. I tend to like the pale blues and greens. I am sure any color you choose will be beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. The last picture is one I've been looking at, too. Go figure. As you know, I'm an aqua and orange gal. Love that combo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the first one and the 3rd to last our my faves. I'm partial to soft and neutral colors. But all look beautiful. When your done can you come help me redo my bedroom? lol. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful inspiration pictures. I am fond of the first one. Aqua is a great color and it's happy and calm at the same time. Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck with deciding on paint colors. I'm struggling still. I look forward to seeing someone else make some decisions and complete their room.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle