Monday, February 17, 2014

There's Always Room for Love

No matter what the seasons bring to us, there's always room for love ... and dessert. On Valentine's Day, The Man and I chose to avoid the evening rush and had an early dinner at Cheesecake Factory, al fresco, ending the meal with one of my favorite desserts—strawberry shortcake


The rest of the weekend held sunshine, and sweetness galore from the little ones. Although I didn't get to see pie, I snatched this adorable photo of her that her mommy posted on Facebook (look how she's growing). Pie has her own special place in my heart and that spot is feeling kinda empty these days. I must see her soon.


To top off the week, there was a wedding on Saturday, when my husband's nephew married his sweetheart. My heartfelt best wishes go out to Tyler and Allison. May the years be good to them.


I leave you with this image of Tyler dancing with his mom, who is my precious sister-in-law. The song Tyler chose was Bette Midler's poignant, "Wind Beneath My Wings." I don't think there was a dry eye in the place when the music stopped. 

So, even though it's been a week of sadness for me, losing my special friend, Tosha, the wonderful thing about life is there is never a single day without blessings, which brings me to you. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and uplifting words. Your kindness means more than words can express.

Until next time, sweet friends, may your hearts be filled with love.

***




19 comments:

  1. Your mosaics are beautiful! Congrats to the happy couple! There is always room for love, so I hope you will visit my blog during the week for my pay it forward event. I'm looking to spread some happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to be able to say that our lives are never too full to add more love? It looks as though you added a bit to your collection over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are beautiful. And, yes, even in our saddest times, God finds a way to bring us smiles and JOY.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post, Dayle. Even in the midst of grieving your friend you found some wonderful, joy-filled moments. That is really what life is, isn't it? Joys and sorrows all stacked up one atop the other. My oldest son is a Tyler, too. I can tell he loves his Mom just by the song he chose.

    Hope you get to see your sweet little ones soon! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't think of anything more uplifting following the death of a dear friend than a wedding with an adorable couple. And that photo of mom and son made me teary again, as a mom of two boys I could only imagine the joy your sister-in-law felt on her son's wedding day. Thanks for sharing, and I'm so glad you had a nice Valentine's Day. Strawberry shortcake from the Cheesecake Factory is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful wedding and some special moments this week! Sweet hugs my friend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family you have. That strawberry shortcake looks delicious. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Warm island hugs...

    Are you watching for the postman? Hm? *wink*

    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, there is always room for love. And I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post...lovely wedding. I somehow missed your previous post. So sorry to hear about your friend. She sounds like a wonderful person who will be greatly missed. Your right of course, there is always room for more love. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a week you've had, Dayle. The wonderful thing about the heart is that no matter how heavy it is - no matter how full it is....there is always room for more love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Valentine's Day Wedding, how special! There is something about a grown man (boy) and his mother, dancing at his wedding. I did that once and it melted my heart.
    Yes, there is always room for LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you had a great time...

    Yes, there is always room for love, its all about how we build the relationship, sustain it, and take it along with us during our lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dayle! Thank you for sharing your photos with us. That strawberry shortcake looks delish! And I'm only a wee bit jealous of your eating outside. If I ate outside, I'm have to dig a cave in the snow first!

    So happy that there was a celebration in store for you this week. It does help heal the heart a little bit. The couple looks so sweet, I wish them every blessing too. It's great to see the photo of your granddaughter. She is getting big :)

    Blessings to you and yours,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil, you're very kind, but I only wish those girl babies were my grandbabies. I'm only the grand-aunt, but I can't imagine loving them more. As for the handsome young lad wearing glasses, he's my step-grandson and is just as sweet as he is cute.

      Delete
  15. Dayle ,you look so pretty in your photo. ..There really is always room for love.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dayle. You are so beautiful inside & out! God Bless You & your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle