Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday Musings ~ Busy and Blessed

Some weeks are so filled up that there is left no energy for blogging, and no time for mingling with you, something I so enjoy, as your words are often the tonic I need to cure whatever is ailing me. I’ve missed you all.


Last week, the days found me playing shopkeeper at Rosy Revival, while my niece and her husband and sugar plum took a little vacation. I don’t think I’ve mentioned that Rosy Revival has another new location—the opportunity to be on Main Street in Old Town Spring came not long ago. Even though it required downsizing, they are happy in their adorable little purple dwelling. Stop by and say hello if you’re ever in this area.


Saturday brought out the most customers of the week, as it was the annual wine festival in Old Town Spring. The weather could not have been more ideal.

Around lunch time, twin sis stopped by and we shared a sandwich on a shady bench outdoors, while enjoying music from the 70’s—my favorite. As I listened to songs like, “I’m Not In Love,” by 10cc, and “Lost Without Your Love,” by Bread, I found traces of myselfand the pastlingering in the lyrics. I was transported back to the heady, sometimes reckless, days of my youth, and filled with emotions I can’t even begin to define. There's something about music that defies time and space, don’t you agree?


Sunday—ah, glorious Sunday. It was a sun-drenched day, complete with church and family and a bit of time outside. Although my flowerbeds are still empty and sad from winter's robbing, the air was thick with the rich aroma of the budding branches of the Red Tip Photinias. In no time at all, they will be in a full spectacular bloom.

As I write, night is falling, bringing a chill to the air. This day has been sweetened by the presence of my daughter and right now she is in the living room having a conversation with her father. Warm laundry from the dryer seems to be the topic.  I have put the tea kettle on and I hear it gaining steam. A perfect cuppa is how I want to end this perfect day.

Speaking of endings, can you believe another month has come to an end? The cardinals have been showing themselves for weeks now, a sure sign that spring has arrived in my little woods. To my friends in the northern parts, take heart. The warmth is heading your way.

Until next time, I wish you happy days and mellow nights, and I thank you for keeping me company here. I look forward to picking up where we left off.

***


17 comments:

  1. What a lovely week you've had. Old music has such a powerful grip on us — for better or worse. Lunch with a sister outdoors on a bench sounds so nice. I only have a brother, and he's fabulous, but not the same as a sister. And a twin to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see a post from you here this morning, Dayle. It sounds like you had a wonderful week and weekend! I so envy you your sister!!!!

    Old music can immediately transport me back in time-mostly 70's music also, but some very late 60's music as well. There are times it makes me sad-as I remember events connected with some of those songs. it is a powerful connector to our past, isn't it? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dayle...welcome back! It sounds like you have had a great week! We are in for some beautiful weather this week here in NC and I am really looking forward to it. Ah...70's music...and late 60's as Diana mentioned brings back some memories for sure...some good, some not so much. It was a pretty reckless time in my life, to be sure...until I got married in '76. I thank the good Lord for His protection during some pretty stupid choices I was making during those years. I guess that's what testimonies are made of, right?

    Have a blessed week, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a lovely week. What a cute shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really good week. The shop is soo cute, and how I would love to browse through it. Your right of course. Nothing like music to transport you back to another time and place. Really funny how it does that, but it sure does. Enjoy this new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dear Dayle....Lovely post. Thank you for your words of encouragement about spring. I'm hanging onto them with all my might.

    The shop is adorable. I'd LOVE to do something like that. So happy you were shopkeeper for awhile.

    Take care and write more posts when you can. They are always a joy. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like your week and weekend were filled with many blessings! Always a delight to stop by.
    {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand the busy! I absolutely love the little purple house/shop. I'm sure the customers were blessed by visiting when you were there and hope your niece and family had a wonderful time away!

    Music definitely transports me to a different time, place and person(s). Some of the music is so loved but brings tears at times...memories of special times and some not so special.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in a small town and your photos made me smile with the same, familiar feel. What a lovely shop and wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post, Dayle. Yes, music is a strong tonic. I just posted about a Billy Joel concert Donnie and I attended 35 years ago when we were dating. Every song from "The Stranger" album takes me back to 1977, my freshman year of high school. The feelings run deep with music. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How neat! I would love to be left in charge of a fun place like that! Enjoy your week my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, that music does take me back to another time. Your words are so beautiful.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Someday I want to stroll down Old Town Spring and drop by Rosy's Revival. I'm in love with those bright red galoshes. :)
    I hope your niece and family arrived back home all refreshed and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Years ago I got to visit Old Town Spring on a trip. I'd love to go again someday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your *collection of days*!

    I think I would love exploring that little store with you! Looks just my style. And goodness, mentioning Bread?! Oldies but goodies! (Now I'm also humming songs by The Carpenters...)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely post, Dayle, from beginning thoughts to the final perfect cuppa. I know of what you speak when you say that you are too tired to blog or even do the things you enjoy the most. That's where I have been, too body and (especially) soul weary to open up a page on a computer.

    I'm glad that I did so this morning. Currently, I am sitting outside on my deck with my laptop soaking in the morning sun, something I haven't given myself permission to do in years... really.

    Anyway, I loved your words and the chance to catch up with you and Rosy Revival.

    And for the record: 70s songs have the exact same effect on me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a wonderful weekend...Love the scene you painted about your Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle