Sunday, June 15, 2014

Southern Fathers Have a Way ~ Article from Mississippi Magazine

As semi-promised, below is a look at the article that appears in the May/June issue of Mississippi magazine. "Southern Fathers Have a Way of their Own" is an intimate portrait of my dad. You may even find reflections of your own father scattered throughout.

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful daddy, and to all of the fathers who have stepped up to the plate and accepted their responsibility to their children. 

My prayer is that God will raise up strong fathers among us, true leaders at home who take seriously their God-given role.

***

Click twice on the image for reading. 



Until next time, sweet friends, may the coming week be filled with kind words, with smiling faces, and music that warms the soul.


***

9 comments:

  1. Yes, I adore my daddy, too. It's such a comfort to know he would do whatever needed to be done to help me. Your daddy and mine, Southern gentlemen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was not a southerner, but a Maritimer - but you could have written this about him. He is the model for all the fathers that came after him for three generations. Like you, I am blessed - and blessed in knowing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this ushered me back to when my dad would rescue me in his arms.
    Great article about your dad, a true Southern Gentleman.
    How is he doing, these days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful article! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dayle! Thank you for sharing your article with us, and congrats on your publication! It isn't easy to get accepted in magazines these days, so much competition. But your heartfelt message really struck a chord. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading this Dayle. Great tribute to your dad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the article! Such an enjoyable read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, Dayle! I had to chuckle at your daddy confronting poor Danny. Have you any idea whatever happened to your would-be suitor?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dayle! I would like to apologise for the late visit. I've been too occupied with work and I've been a bit disorganised too.

    I appreciate new people visiting and linking up to my shy Sunday series. Thank you so much for joining me! You have no idea how you made me happy.

    I admire and respect your father. The article related it so well and you are the living proof that your Father has done a great job! Your Dad has raised a great writer in you. I hope I'll be one too someday.

    Thank you for the visit and link up. Wishing you a great week ahead and I hope we can be friends albeit online.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, I adore your company and your comments. If you ask questions here, I respond to them here, so please check back when you have a chance. Kind regards, Dayle